||6 September 2005 (Update)
||200 points per minute (1 point per 0.3 seconds)
||Drains enemy's prayer by 1 for every 40 (26 legacy) damage dealt. Cap of 100 prayer drained per hit.
|Infobox • Talk page
Smite was the highest level prayer until the July 2007 introduction of Chivalry and Piety. When active, attacking another player will cause 1 of their prayer points to be drained for every 38 damage done. Smite is a popular prayer among player killers because it is used to prevent their opponent from using the Protect Items prayer, as well as protection prayers. Soul Split, a high level ancient curse that requires 92 prayer to use, offers a similar prayer draining ability as well as its widely known life stealing attribute.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 21 September 2015 (Update):
- Opponent's prayer drain rate when fighting someone in PvP using smite or soulsplit has been adjusted slightly.
- patch 22 November 2012 (Update):
- The "Smite" ability has been renamed to "Decimate" to avoid confusion with the "Smite" prayer.
- In 2011 the info was changed around the time of the Wilderness Referendum when the mouse is hovering over the prayer, it now reads, "Opponent's Prayer stat is drained according to how much damage is done" instead of "1/4 of damage done is removed from opponent's prayer".