Blood Burst is an Ancient spell which requires level 68 Magic to cast and can heal the caster by 5% of the damage dealt on the main target and by 3% of the damage dealt on secondary targets. It has a 100% chance to heal the caster when cast as an auto-attack. If this spell is used with an ability, it only has a 10% chance to heal, or a 20% chance if the caster has Dark Form active. It requires two death runes and four fire runes to cast. The base damage of this spell is 652, and it scales up to 758 at 79 Magic.
When cast as an auto-attack, this spell will strike a 3x3 square area surrounding the target, hitting other players and monsters in this space. Damage to secondary targets is 35% less.
In areas with many monsters such as the Abyss or Chaos Tunnels, the combined life points healed may be enough to sustain the player, especially if combined with Soul Split.
As with all Ancient Magicks spells, the quest Desert Treasure must be completed to cast this spell.
|2||506|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- An issue causing AoE spells, such as the burst and barrage ancient magicks, to not award adrenaline correctly has been fixed.
- patch 28 July 2014 (Update):
- The Blood Burst and Blood Barrage spells have been altered so they do not increase the player’s special attack energy in Legacy mode.
- patch 12 October 2011 (Update):
- The ‘Blood’ ancient spells now heal for 1/4 of the damage dealt by the player, rather than a quarter of their max possible hit.
- patch 26 July 2011 (Update):
- Casting this spell no longer attempts to cast it on the caster.