|Release date||20 November 2012 (Update)|
|Description||A powerful air spell.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Divine Storm is a spell in the standard spellbook. Casting it requires 60 Magic. It must be cast a total of 100 times inside the Mage Arena before it can be used elsewhere. The fastest method to do 100 casts is to switch to Legacy combat mode and wield a wand and orb/book whilst autocasting the spell for both main hand and off-hand. Using an Avernic wand eliminates the need for air runes, however, the staff and cape obtained from Kolodion's "exam" with 60 Magic (or more) does sufficient damage and has the necessary accuracy to 1-shot the battlemages in the arena most of the time. They respawn quickly enough to need little downtime between casts.
Abilities do not count towards the 100 casts.
On completing the 100 casts, the game chat window will display "Congratulations! You can now cast the Divine Storm spell outside of the Mage Arena."
Cost[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 16 August 2021 (Update):
- Divine storm now deals correct damage. (previously passed level 60 it gained 6 damage per level rather than 9.6)
- patch 18 March 2013 (Update):
- An issue when trying to unlock the Divine Storm spell at the Mage Training Arena has been fixed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The spell has replaced the three god spells—Saradomin Strike, Flames of Zamorak, Claws of Guthix—as well as their power-up spell, Charge.