A list of farming patch statuses
Remote Farm is a Lunar spell released with Livid Farm on the 4 April 2011. The spell must first be unlocked while training at the Livid Farm by accumulating 150,000 produce points. It allows the status of every single farm patch in RuneScape to be viewed and, if a patch is diseased, grants the option to cure all patches in one cast. Remote Farm can be cast within some minigames or Distractions and Diversions, such as Stealing Creation or Fish Flingers. Curing a patch will generate a stack of Leaves.
A farming cycle tick happens every 500 game ticks (approximately 5 minutes), which is when crops are updated with their new stats. However, these ticks don't occur if you have an interface open (for example, the Remote Farming window or a bank window) and are delayed until the interface is closed. Thus, Remote Farm won't give live information even if crops update, so there is no point in leaving the window open to watch your crops. However, you can update the information if a farming tick occurs by closing the interface and casting the spell again.
Remote farm device - a machine that does the same thing as the spell.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 21 September 2020 (Update):
- The Remote Farm interface has received a new lick of paint to make the interface more useable, readable and user friendly.
- Patches are now separated by category.
- Different patch states now have more colour coding, , so you can tell at a glance which of your veggies are in need of some Plant Cure.
- Players can now cast the Fertile Soil spell through this interface, which will consume the appropriate runes and award XP.
- Certain patches are now labelled to show which direction they face.
- Reduced the delay between casting the spell and opening the interface.
- The Tuai Leit berry patches and Money tree patch have been added to the interface.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The Remote Farm spell now works on harmony moss pillars.
- patch 6 October 2014 (Update):
- The Remote Farming cure patch option now works on the herb patch in Prifddinas.
- patch 29 September 2014 (Update):
- The Remote Farm spell will now work with all farming patches in Prifddinas.
- hotfix 20 May 2013 (Update):
- Remote Farming now handles the Grapevine farming patch states correctly.
- patch 6 September 2011 (Update):
- The ‘Remote Farm’ spell now lists the two vine herb patches more clearly.
- patch 16 May 2011 (Update):
- This spell now states the correct information for grown magic trees and My Arm's herb patch.
- patch 3 May 2011 (Update):
- It is now possible to cure a jade vine plant using this spell.
- The Old School Runescape equivalent of Remote Farm is known as Geomancy. Unlike this spell, Geomancy does update on its own without having to recast the spell.