|Release date||09 April 2018 (Update)|
|Quest req.||Ritual of the Mahjarrat|
|NPC ID||25456, 25457|
|Links||MRID MRND25456 MRND25457|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Effy is a pet obtained by opening dragonkin lamps or dragonkin stars, with a drop rate of 1/100. Access to the pet is granted after finishing the Rebuilding Edgeville miniquest, where Edgeville is rebuilt following its destruction by the dragonkin during Ritual of the Mahjarrat.
Unlocking the pet will prompt the following message:
Effy displays how many effigies a player has opened when it is examined. Effigies that had been opened before 16 January 2018 do not account for Effy's tracking, as previously that information was not monitored.
As of 14 September 2020, players who have unlocked the Effy pet can unlock 4 cosmetic override versions of the pet: Jeffy, Geffy, Leffy, and Seffy. Cosmetic overrides can be obtained by earning incubator points with Vicendithas during or after completing the Effigy Incubator distraction and diversion.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 14 September 2020 (Update):
- Effigy Incubator minigame and cosmetic override rewards for Effy added to the game
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The first known reference to Effy was on 16 October 2015.
- Players upon receiving the pet will get the broadcast , the examine text used in the showcase.
- Effy's line about not feeding effigies after midnight is a reference to the film Gremlins, where the third rule in caring for mogwai is to never feed it after midnight.
- It is possible to obtain Effy without opening any effigies by opening Dragonkin lamps purchased from the Travelling Merchant's Shop.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Pi's Twitter account. 7 Aug 2018. (Archived from the original on 23 October 2020.)
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ramen's Twitter account. 16 October 2015. (Archived from the original on 23 October 2020.) Mod Ramen: "Just a little something that I had floating about in my test stream... Not an actual content update btw!:P"
|Related to the Mahjarrat quest series|