This article is about the pet. For the Distraction and Diversion, see Ancient effigies
For the NPC from the Tower of Life quest, see Effigy
Effy is a pet obtained by opening dragonkin lamps, with a drop rate of 1/100. Access to the pet is granted after finishing the Rebuilding Edgeville miniquest, where Edgeville is rebuilt following its destruction by the dragonkin during Ritual of the Mahjarrat.
Unlocking the pet will prompt the following message: Congratulations, you have unlocked Effy the effigy!
Effy displays how many effigies a player has opened when it is examined.
- The first known reference to Effy was on 16 October 2015.
- Effigies that had been opened before 16 January 2018 do not account for Effy's tracking, as previously that information was not monitored.
- Players upon receiving the pet will get the broadcast News: Player has found Effy the effigy!, the examine text used in the showcase.
- Effy's line about not feeding effigies after midnight is a reference to the film Gremlins, where the third rule in caring for mogwai is to never feed it after midnight.
- It is possible to obtain Effy without opening any effigies by opening Dragonkin lamps purchased from the Travelling Merchant's Shop.