|Release date||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Skill req.||70 Summoning|
|Examine||Chick: A fluffy chick.|
Bird: Lovely green plumage.
Raptor: An impressive Guthix raptor.
|NPC ID||6957, 9187|
|Links||MRID MRND6957 MRND9187|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Guthix raptor, a level 70 Summoning pet, is one of the three God birds. It can be hatched from a green bird's egg, and has three stages of growth: Chick, Bird, and Raptor. Unlike the other two god birds, it will not provide any protection in the God Wars Dungeon. Players can understand the Guthix raptor at 80 Summoning.
Bird's eggs can be obtained from bird's nests, which are dropped from trees while Woodcutting or obtained from Managing Miscellania. To hatch an egg, place it in a pet shop incubator (found in Yanille or Taverley), and then wait for an hour or two before retrieving your chick (time spent offline doesn't count).
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 1 March 2021 (Update):
- hotfix 8 February 2021 (Update):
- ninja 1 February 2021 (Update):
- The Saradomin owl, Zamorak hawk and Guthix raptor have been converted from object pets to interface pets.
- patch 17 March 2009 (Update):
- The god familiars (Zamorak hawk, etc) will now provide the same protection as god-related items while in God Wars.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- With the release of the menagerie on 18 August 2009, it is possible to have all three god birds at the same time. It used to be impossible to raise more than one god bird at a time; before this update, using another coloured egg with the incubator whilst having a Guthix raptor results in a message: "You already have that kind of that pet, you cannot have another."
- The examine info may be an allusion to the Monty Python "Dead Parrot" sketch, where the shopkeeper says that the bird has "lovely plumage."
- The chick's dialogue "Are you my mummy/daddy?" is a reference to imprinting, where young animals bind themselves to the first thing they see after birth.
- Although called raptors, the term raptor applies to all birds of prey except owls.
- Before an update on 1 February 2021, the bird would have a specific growth system after incubation. It would take over twelve hours to reach adulthood.
- Chicks would be fed Ground fishing bait while birds and hawks would eat normal Fishing bait. Feeding a pet would remove all of its hunger.