The magnifying glass is the reward for completing the Cryptic Clue Fest, three-fifths of Cryptic Clue Fest II, Cryptic Clue Fest III and Cryptic Clue Fest IV. It is held in one hand and can be equipped with a shield. When in the Worn Equipment interface, players can right click and press 'Sleuth'. If you lose your magnifying glass, you can get a new one from Diango in Draynor Village, or from the Toy box of your player-owned house. The magnifying glass has stats slightly lower than those of a bronze warhammer.
The sleuth emote for the magnifying glass.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- You can no longer perform the Sleuth emote when your magnifying glass is sheathed.
- patch 9 August 2011 (Update):
- It is now possible to perform the ‘sleuth’ emote after completing Cryptic Clue Fest 3.
- Players can now remove the magnifying glass from their POH toy box.
- patch 11 January 2010 (Update):
- Corrected some animations for the Sleuth emote.
- The Magnifying glass closely resembles the Mirror obtained during the quest Nature Spirit.
- The reward was going to be Roddeck's pipe as confirmed by a Jagex Moderator, but was changed to the magnifying glass before the event was released.
- After the third Cryptic Clue fest, players who had obtained the Magnifying glass for the first time got a message saying, "You must have completed a Cryptic Clue fest to do this emote." when trying to perform the emote if they had not talked to Roddeck and obtained the investigator's outfit yet.