|Release date||29 May 2012 (Update)|
|Examine||Fluffy little darling!|
|NPC ID||15511, 15515, 15551|
|Item ID||24387, 44338|
|Links||MRID24387 MRID44338 MRND15511 MRND15515 MRND15551|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Corgi is a pet dog which was received during the 2012 Diamond Jubilee, awarded by Minnie Coop to players who completed the challenge of finding her six missing corgis that had wandered away and were scattered across RuneScape.
Members are able to keep the rewarded corgi permanently, however, free players were only able to take Minnie's corgis out for a short walk over the two week period.
With the update on 15 October 2018, Corgi was moved from being an item to the pets interface. This removed the item and unlocked the pet in the interface if the item was previously owned.
The hunt[edit | edit source]
Players began the Corgi hunt by talking to Minnie Coop at Varrock square.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|1||Ardougne Market||In the middle of the market.|
|2||Citharede Abbey||Near the dancers.|
|3||Brimhaven||South of the Brimhaven docks.|
|4||Castle Wars||Near the Small obelisk or in the Castle Wars lobby.|
|5||Tree Gnome Stronghold||Close to the entrance gate. The corgi could be found both inside and outside of the Stronghold, but would always be nearby the gates.|
|6||Paterdomus||Usually on the west side of the Paterdomus, near the trapdoor leading into the mausoleum.|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If the corgi near Tree Gnome Stronghold spawned between the Oaknock statue and the cart, it would be unreachable.
- The second dialogue with a corgi is a reference to the animated cartoon Pinky and the Brain.
- All owned corgis will talk about taking over the world, which could be a reference to the history of the British Empire.
- The corgi is the only dog that can talk to the player without a Summoning requirement.
- Both Minnie Coop's corgis (Holly, Monty, and Willow) and the player's corgi appear to be Pembroke Welsh Corgis. This makes sense considering that Queen Elizabeth II, whom the RuneScape Diamond Jubilee event was in honour of, owns sixteen dogs of this breed.
- When examining a runaway corgi it states “where in the world are the other corgis?"; this is a reference to the computer game "Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?".
|Cryptic Clue Fest IV Rewards|