The Christmas wand was a reward from the 2011 Christmas event, A Towering Feast. It gave stat bonuses while at the Wizards' Tower. However, it did not give stat bonuses outside of the event area. When players equip it, a "Cast-at" option appears on other players, allowing the player to throw Christmas puddings at them. It also features particle effects.
Previously classed as a melee weapon, it is now considered a wand for the purpose of cosmetic overrides.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 20 February 2017 (Update):
- The Christmas wand and fairy wand are now classed as magic weapons.
- patch 17 June 2013 (Update):
- The following items are now allowed in a dragon keepsake key: Dungeoneering reward weapons, hexhunter bows, Squeal of Fortune super-rare weapons, starfire/starfury weapons, the christmas wand, magic butterfly nets, ankhs, sacred clay reward weapons, the giant hand, Runefest banners, and undead chickens.
- hotfix 18 March 2013 (Update):
- The Christmas Wand now only fires Christmas puddings at players instead of having a random chance of firing other items.
A player casting the wand's spell
- This is the first item with particle effects made available in F2P.
- The Christmas wand is treated as a weapon and cannot be taken onto Entrana.
- If the player's Christmas wand is sheathed and they select "Cast-at", they will appear to throw the object at another player rather than having it spawn from the wand.
- Before the update on 18 March 2013, the Christmas wand had a chance of throwing baubles, and snowballs when cast. Now it only casts pudding. This was done in order to help prevent gambling.