|Release date||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Source||Hatched from a blue egg obtained from a bird's nest.|
|Skill req.||70 Summoning|
|Food||Chick: Ground fishing bait|
Bird and adult: Fishing bait
|Examine||Chick: A fluffy chick.|
Bird: Lovely blue plumage.
Owl: A fantastic saradomin owl.
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Saradomin owl, a level 70 summoning pet, is one of the three God birds. It can be hatched from a blue bird's egg, and has three stages of growth: Chick, Bird, and Owl. When fully grown it counts as a Saradomin item in the God Wars Dungeon. It also has very prominent eyebrow feathers.
Bird's eggs can be obtained from Bird nests, which are dropped from trees while Woodcutting or obtained from the Miscellania Kingdom Management activity. In either case finding an egg is quite rare. To hatch an egg, place it in a pet shop incubator (found in Yanille or Taverley), and then wait for an hour before retrieving your chick (time spent offline doesn't count).
Every two minutes, your pet's growth will jump up by 0.5% (unless it's already an owl) and its hunger will jump up by 5.25% for chicks, 4.75% for birds and 4.1667% for owls. Chicks must be fed Ground fishing bait while birds and owls eat normal Fishing bait. It will take about six hours and forty minutes for a 0% chick to mature into a bird and further six hours and forty minutes for the bird to reach adulthood.
At level 80 Summoning you can understand the Saradomin owl.
Although the mature owl counts as a Saradomin item in the God Wars Dungeon, (as long as it is present with the player and not in the inventory), the younger bird and hatchling forms do not count as Saradomin items.
None of the forms count as a Saradomin item to make Bandits aggressive.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 1 March 2021 (Update):
- hotfix 8 February 2021 (Update):
- ninja 1 February 2021 (Update):
- The Saradomin owl, Zamorak hawk and Guthix raptor have been converted from object pets to interface pets.
- patch 17 March 2009 (Update):
- The god familiars (Zamorak hawk, etc) will now provide the same protection as god-related items while in God Wars.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Examine phrase "Lovely blue plumage" is a reference to Monty Python's famous "Dead Parrot" sketch.
- Phileas, the Lumbridge Sage, has a Saradomin owl with him.
- Its line "Oh, really?" is a reference to the O RLY? meme.
- If wearing an item of Zamorak, the Owl will say: "How can you wear those tainted items?"
- While the Saradomin chick is inside your inventory, the examine text will say "A chick". But when it is dropped, it will say "A fluffy chick."
|Characters mentioned in the letters|