|Release||5 October 2019 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy this item? You can reclaim it from Diango in Draynor or via the bank interface.|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A tool used by Archaeologists, cast in solid gold.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The golden mattock is an item reward for either watching the RuneFest 2019 streams on Twitch or redeeming a code given to attendees.
Right-clicking it has a teleport option which teleports the player to the RuneFest Treasure Island.
It can be excavated with for a Mining animation and in most locations a message "You can't find anything here. But you have a feeling something is out there..." Excavating at each of the following locations produces a medium smouldering lamp:
- North-eastern temple on Anachronia, near Leonard the ancient zygomite.
- Temple of Ikov (dungeon) entrance.
- At the Icyene graveyard, south of the statue of Queen Efaritay or south of Araxyte lair.
- South of the Feldip Hills Spirit Tree.
- Between Al Kharid and Desert strykewyrm area, on the rocks just north of the path.
- Inside the Jolly Boar Inn, north-east of Varrock.
Obtaining a lamp produces the message: Golden Mattock override with the following message: You have uncovered all of the clues! You have unlocked the Golden Mattock weapon override.for the first five lamps, and the sixth unlocks the
While ironmen can obtain the override, they will not get the lamp rewards.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The golden mattock was named "dummy pickaxe" and the "excavate" option used to be called "swing" prior to a hidden update on 7 October 2019.
|Membership thanks gifts|