The wintumber tree, named for the final month of the RuneScape calendar, was one of two rewards for completing the 2006 Christmas event (the other being the Reindeer hat). The tree is untradeable and may be planted on any free space in the Garden or on any free outdoor space of a player-owned house. The tree is similar to a Christmas tree, donned with garlands and constantly glittering. If lost or destroyed, players can obtain another from Diango in Draynor village. Like many holiday items, they can only have one Wintumber tree at a time. Wintumber trees are now discontinued.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 21 December 2009 (Update):
- Adjusted the Wintumber tree checks so you can't plant it 'indoors'.
A Wintumber tree shining in the light of a garden.
- If a player managed to build a Wintumber tree indoors, they would get a message explaining "You must plant a new Wintumber tree out of doors" the next time they entered construction mode.
- If a player tries to dig up another player's Wintumber tree they will get the message "You can't dig up the owner's Wintumber tree! How unfestive!"
- As one of the only Members' holiday items (the others are the Icicle crown, the Hourglass, Mackers, and Sparkles), it is impossible to obtain the tree if the player did not complete the event as a member. This was a common topic of complaint on the forums, and has been changed with the release of Mackers, a members only pet turkey reward from the 2011 Thanksgiving Event.
- There used to be a glitch that allowed a person to keep more than one wintumber tree. It involved having building mode turned on in a players POH while having guests inside. If two people tried picking up the tree at once, both players would receive the tree. This was patched a while later.