A player wearing the Ghost hunter outfit.
Ghost hunter equipment is an experience-boosting set of hybrid armour that could be obtained from the 2014 Hallowe'en event or as a possible very rare drop from ghosts and ghost like creatures such as aberrant spectres, revenants, spiritual warriors, tortured souls and the Barrows Brothers. It automatically adjusts to the highest-level tier the player can equip when worn up to a maximum of level 50 for free players and level 70 for members. When the piece of equipment is equipped for the first time, it is accompanied by the message: The armour adapts to suit your current abilities.
It could be bought from Death during the event as individual pieces. The full set cost 19,000 reward points.
This armour can be stored in the armour case of the POH when all four pieces are set to the same level.
If the armour pieces are lost in the Wilderness or destroyed, the player will have to kill ghosts until a replacement piece is dropped.
This equipment increases experience earned and damage done against any creature that gives Prayer experience through an ectoplasmator. However it does not work for creatures that are triggered via attuned ectoplasmator only, e.g. abyssal demons. This increase is 3% with one piece, 6% with two pieces, and 10% with three or more pieces of the set. Note that the use of the ectoplasmator isn't mandatory for the set effect to occur. Below is a list of monsters that are affected by this set effect.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 8 May 2018 (Update):
- Players will no longer be able to receive duplicate Ghost Hunter pieces if the set is stored in a Player owned House.
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- Ghost hunter equipment will now always show a lootbeam.
- patch 23 November 2015 (Update):
- The destroy text for Ghost Hunter equipment now gives up-to-date information for reobtaining it.
- ninja 28 September 2015 (Update):
- Ghost hunter armour now degrades in free-to-play.
- ninja 5 May 2015 (Update):
- Added the ghost hunter armour set to the armour case in the Player-owned House costume room.
- patch 24 November 2014 (Update):
- Ghost Hunter armour will no longer count towards the 3 pieces requirement for triggering Warpriest armour's damage reduction effect.
- patch 1 November 2014 (Update):
- Slightly buffed ghost hunter tier 1 armour to match pathfinder armour's defence bonuses.
- Previously, if this armour was worn on member worlds at level 70, it would lock to that tier, making it unequippable on free worlds. After an update, it will now revert to level 50 when worn on free worlds and back to level 70 on member worlds.