"Ruth" redirects here. For the creature found on Anachronia, see Ancient zygomite
The Golden chinchompa is a pet that was originally released as a Squeal of Fortune promotion. It was brought back on 2 October 2013 as a permanent pet that is free to all members or 80 RuneCoins for non members.
The chinchompa can be named one of the following by opening the Hero tab, and selecting Pet:
|Available pet names|
|Mr Punchy||Mr Stampy||Ms Punchy||Ms Stampy||Nemea|
|Woobie||Xiongmao||Zhe||Zhu|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 2 February 2015 (Update):
- Players can no longer rename their golden chinchompa to 'Default Name'.
- patch 22 October 2013 (Update):
- Players can no longer speak to golden chinchompas owned by other players.
- The golden chinchompa can now be correctly renamed back to "Golden chinchompa".
- Using thaumic chronometers, curried lard nuggets, dried chillies, or pure caffeine on a golden chinchompa provokes the text "Nothing interesting happens."
- Players other than the owner could interact with the Golden Chinchompa, resulting in the pet and the interacting player having a conversation. This feature was removed on October 22, 2013.
- After the chinchompa was re-released, upon asking if it felt alright, the chinchompa will say that it lost its "explosive gland" in a fishing accident. Before the re-release the chinchompa would deny feeling ill when asked this.