The chocatrice cape was the reward for completing the 2008 Easter event. When operated, the player performs an emote in which a giant Easter egg forms around the player and then the player bursts out from the top.
If a player loses their chocatrice cape, it can be reclaimed from Diango in Draynor Village or Ianto in Prifddinas for free. Note that after players earned their cape, they could collect another ten chocolate chunks and earn the bunny-hop emote.
It can be stored in the toy box in the costume room of a player-owned house. This was the only free-to-play item that allowed players to perform a cape emote until the Veteran Capes became free-to-play on 17 February 2014. The Chocatrice cape is now a discontinued item. Though casting Low Level Alchemy can be attempted on the cape any number of times, whether using the Explorer's ring or the normal spell, it is impossible to turn it into gold. Should the player try, they will receive a message saying: You doubt the Easter bunny would be impressed if you turned that to gold.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 28 January 2013 (Update):
- Made some minor tweaks to the chocatrice cape emote to prevent the player's head from poking out of the top.
- patch 28 September 2011 (Update):
- The Easter cape no longer clips with the prince tunic.
- The cape gave a +2 Defence bonus to slash and stab within the first few months, but its bonuses were removed.