Squirrel ears were the reward for completing the 2010 Easter event. While worn, they have two right click options: "Summon Minion" and "Juggle". Choosing "Summon Minion" will summon Charlie the Squirrel and Fluffy as followers, but they can only be summoned once every 30 minutes. If the player chooses "Juggle", an emote will be performed in which a squirrel will appear and start jumping around on them.
If a player did not do the management stage of the event in under 15 turns, they will only be able to summon Fluffy the Squirrel. Players cannot have Charlie and Fluffy as followers at the same time as a familiar or pet.
A glitch where a player killed Fluffy the squirrel.
- Upon release there was a glitch where if a player right clicked any summoned squirrel, even squirrels which were not their own, and picked "Dismiss", it was counted as an "Attack" command, but only with Ranged, Magic, or a Dwarf Cannon. The squirrels had 1 life point, and when killed, players would have to wait a half hour before summoning them again as if they had dismissed them normally.
- This was the first time that players could have multiple followers out simultaneously. A glitch on the item's release also allowed players to have a familiar or pet following them as well as the two squirrels, but this has since been fixed.
- If you try summoning Fluffy in the factory, Easter Bunny (Jr.) will yell at you saying "HOLD ON A SECOND! Don't you DARE summon in here. I have health and safety certificates to think of." And if the player beat the factory management in 15 turns or fewer, he adds on: "Besides, Charlie is barred from the factory for headbutting implings. Do it outside!"
- The squirrels can re-summoned without having to wait the full 30 minutes if the player exits to the lobby, then logs back into the game.
- Summoned squirrels will periodically yell out, "DOG!" This could be a reference to the movie "Up", where the dogs scream out "Squirrel!".
- During the Heimland Games, summoning the squirrel(s) would prevent the player from making snowmen.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 6 October 2010 (Update):
- Adjusted the squirrel emote code from the Easter 2010 reward.