|Release||26 November 2008 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||You will lose all food stored in the Cornucopia. You can get another empty one from Diango in Draynor Village.|
|Backpack||Heal, Food-count, Destroy|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|An empty horn of plenty.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A cornucopia is a horn used to store food. A full cornucopia can store a maximum of 1,000 life points (equal to 100 life points in Legacy Mode) worth of food:
- To store food, a player must right-click a food item in their inventory and choose the 'Use' option in conjunction with the cornucopia. (Using the cornucopia on the food, however, results in nothing interesting happening.)
- To see how many life points of healing are stored in the cornucopia, a player must right click the item and choose the 'Food-count' option.
- To use the cornucopia to heal, the player must left click on it (or right click on it and choose the 'Heal' option).
One click on the cornucopia will replenish the player's health by the life point total of all food stored in the item, up to 1,000. This always completely empties it, even if the player is only 1 life point away from full health. It cannot be used at full health.
Healing with a cornucopia does not have a Constitution requirement. This makes it especially useful to low-level players, as a player in most cases must have at least 40 Constitution to receive 1000 healing in a single bite, and below that most food is capped at respective levels.
Once food is put in a cornucopia, it is impossible to take the food out again. The cornucopia only stores the primary, healing property of food. Secondary properties of food are lost. For example, jangerberries normally heal 200 life points and recover 10 prayer points but when placed in a cornucopia, the prayer recovery effect is lost; the player gains only the healing effect.
Most foods that can heal a variable amount when eaten always heal the maximum amount when placed in a cornucopia. A kebab, however, when placed in a cornucopia adds about 14% of the player's total life points (rounded down) to it, which is less than the maximum a kebab can heal; the absolute amount is calculated based on the player's max LP at time of adding (affected by boosts like bonfires), not the time of healing. If 14% would be higher than 1000, the kebab cannot be added at all.
Multi-bite food (e.g. cake, pie) will be consumed whole when used with the cornucopia, but only add 1 bite of healing (e.g. cake has 3 bites of 333 LP each, but the whole cake only adds 333 LP to it). Food that normally leaves behind containers (e.g. pie, ale) also have containers destroyed.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Terrorbirds, seagulls, chickens, chompies, jubblies, and oomlie birds drop cornucopias, though they are very rare drops. They can also be acquired by pickpocketing farmers. The cornucopia will appear in a player's inventory when acquired; it will not be dropped onto the ground.
Players cannot obtain more than one cornucopia at a time.
|Chicken||1; 2; 111||1||Very rare|
|Chompy bird||2||1||Very rare|
|Jubbly bird||11||1||Very rare|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Expensive spices do not affect how much the cornucopia heals the player.
- Cornucopias were released during the first Thanksgiving Event in 2008. In the event, a player could receive a cornucopia by finding ten disguised turkeys or by killing wandering turkeys until one was randomly dropped. Since the end of the event, new ways of obtaining cornucopias have become available.
- If a player filled a cornucopia before the constitution update of the game, the amount of life points healed remained the same. For example, what would have healed 14 life points before the update (equal to 1400 now) still contained 14 life points after it, and not the equivalent 1400.
- Caps on healing according to Constitution apply upon adding the food. However, the cap seems different than eating them normally. A bite of chocolate cake heals 416 with at least 50 Constitution, capped to 375 when eating them at 45 Constitution, yet it only adds 300 to the cornucopia.