"Ears" redirects here. For the holiday reward from 2010, see squirrel ears
For the mahjarrat nicknamed "Bunny Ears", see Azzanadra
Bunny ears were dropped during Easter 2003. Hundreds to thousands were spawned on the ground all throughout RuneScape. The drop was accompanied by a system message: "Happy Easter!". They were the first untradeable holiday drop. When they were dropped, players were only allowed to grab one. If players tried to grab another one, in their chatboxes they would see the message, "You don't need another pair of bunny ears, you only have one head". Any player who loses their bunny ears can go to Thessalia's Fine Clothes in Varrock, or to Diango in Draynor Village, to have their bunny ears returned to them.
When worn, the player looks like they have tall bunny ears. The bunny ears give no stat bonuses.
The player spoof Qutiedoll can be seen wearing them.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 22 June 2009 (Update):
- Female dreadlocks while wearing bunny ears should no longer cause a labelling issue.
- It was possible to get more than one pair of bunny ears when RS2 Beta was released. By transferring the bunny ears to RS2, then recovering it, players were able to generate more pairs of Bunny ears.
- There was a glitch on 19 September 2010 where bunny ears appeared on the PvP worlds as a possible loot from players.
- Bunny ears were able to be lost before RS2; when a player died wearing them they were dropped on the ground and the player had to run back to retrieve them. If the player did not make it back in time their Bunny ears were lost for good.
- Bunny ears were also dropped on Tutorial Island, as confirmed by Guthix in the 12th issue of the God Letters.