The candy cane was a reward from the 2009 Christmas event A Christmas Warble. Players can wield the candy cane in one hand, giving them some small stat bonuses. The spin emote can be performed by wielding the candy cane, right clicking it, and selecting 'spin' on the equipment screen.
If you lose your candy cane, you can get another from Diango in Draynor Village. Like all holiday items, the candy cane can be stored in a toy box of a player's player-owned house.
It has similar stats to a bronze mace, except it has lower accuracy and no Prayer bonus. Despite this, very few players that have been around long enough to have earned it are still in need of such a weak weapon. This weapon is not permitted on Entrana due to having combat stats.
A player spinning a scythe
using a popular glitch.
Upon the release of the 2009 Christmas event, it was discovered that if a player spun their candy cane and then quickly switched to another weapon, the other weapon would spin in the air instead. In response to comments from players, Mod Edam has confirmed that it was an unintended glitch in the game. Many players found the glitch amusing and requested that Jagex leave the glitch intact; however, Mod Edam said that the glitch would be fixed anyway, as it could have potentially created other graphical errors. The glitch was removed on 11 January 2010, the same day as the end of the Christmas event.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 10 September 2013 (Update):
- The Candy Cane Spin emote no longer causes stretching when gloves are equipped, and the sheathed model now disappears when performing this emote.
- patch 24 June 2010 (Update):
- Fixed a stretching issue with a circus top and the candy cane.
- patch 13 May 2010 (Update):
- Fixed a problem with the 2009 Christmas holiday items and shields.
- update 11 January 2010 (Update):
- A Christmas Warble has been removed from the game, and so the candy cane is now discontinued.
- patch 11 January 2010 (Update):
- It is now no longer possible to switch weapons while spinning the candy cane.
- update 21 December 2009 (Update):
- The candy cane has been added to the game, and is given as a reward for completing A Christmas Warble.