|Release||25 December 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||96 coins|
|Low alch||64 coins|
|It's a Santa hat.|
|Exchange||2,147,414,833 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Santa hat is a tradeable discontinued item. Santa hats appeared randomly on the ground all over RuneScape on 25 December 2002, when players could pick up as many as they wanted. They are now a purely cosmetic item, having the stat bonuses removed upon transition to RuneScape 2, and no requirement to equip.
Although at the time of their release, Jagex described them as "just a bit of fun", they have since become a rare and coveted item among players.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
15 Days of Christmas[edit | edit source]
During the 15 Days of Christmas in 2013, this item, along with other Christmas-themed equipment, were given the hybrid style of combat, and stats that scaled with the player's levels. This was so players could use these items in combat to assist in hunting for festive crackers during the event.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 30 November 2015 (Update):
- Santa and Black Santa hats can now be combined with the Xmas 2012 Santa beard. The items can be split apart again using a right-click option.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Santa hat was called "Santa's hat" in RuneScape Classic. It also gave +3 to magic.
- During the 2010 Christmas Event, the Forgotten Warriors (male and female) within Daemonheim would occasionally wear either a Santa hat or a Christmas scarf. The Dungeoneering skillcape on a stand beside Thok had its normal hood replaced with a Santa hat for the duration of this event.
- From 2014 onwards, most bosses wear a Santa hat during the seasonal Christmas event. This affects their models in other locations as well, such as quests and cutscenes.
- The Santa hat uses the default error examine info of "It's a [Item name]", as Jagex forgot to add any examine details during the RuneScape 2 Beta. The same oversight occurred with the scythe.
|Hats and beards|