The slayer helmet is a single item worn in the head slot that combines multiple pieces of protective and beneficial Slayer gear. It may be assembled after a player spends 400 Slayer points to learn how to craft one. In addition, it requires level 55 Crafting and level 35 Slayer, which is also needed to complete the pre-requisite quest Smoking Kills. When worn, the helmet provides the special effects of all of the Slayer equipment that it was made from. Masked earmuffs will not work when crafting the Slayer helmet; they must first be disassembled (not in the sense of the Invention ability, but simply separated into its original parts).
The Slayer helmet can be upgraded to the full slayer helmet by combining it with a hexcrest and a focus sight. These improve the damage and accuracy for Ranged and Magic attacks by 12.5% during Slayer tasks, just as the black mask boosts Melee as part of the base Slayer helmet. Hexcrests are dropped by jungle strykewyrms (73 Slayer required) and focus sights are dropped by desert strykewyrms (77 Slayer required).
The slayer helmet combines the effects of several pieces of head slot Slayer equipment, all of which are required to create it:
The helmet retains the abilities of all the items used to make it. It still gives the effect that the black mask does, but with better defence and bonuses, making it one of the best helms for Slayer assignments. If the black mask still has charges, they must first be expended.
With the addition of Anachronia, a slayer helmet can be placed on the Slayer helmet stand of a Tier 3 Slayer Lodge. This allows the player to have the effects of the slayer helmet at all times, without needing to wear it.
If a player were to use only one slayer master, the minimum number of tasks needed to be completed to earn the points required is as follows (this includes the 4 no-point tasks, and excludes any special task):
One way to decrease the time it takes to get 400 points is by doing 9 low-level tasks, and on the 10th completing a harder slayer master's task.
After unlocking the ability to make the helmet, a message appears in the chat window stating: The secret is yours. You can now combine a black mask, face mask, spiny helm, nosepeg and earmuffs into one useful item.
All of the aforementioned items are required to craft the helmet, as well as a Crafting level of 55. Boosts can be used to combine the parts, but the Assist System cannot.
For a player to construct the helmet, they must use one item on another if all the necessary items are in the player's inventory. The quest Smoking Kills is required to make the Slayer helmet, and therefore must be completed before the Slayer helmet can be crafted, and worn. After being made, the Slayer helmet may be disassembled (taken apart) and reassembled at any time.
Note that the helmet cannot be made with a black mask that still contains any charges. Use the "remove-charges" option on the black mask if necessary before assembling the Slayer helmet.
To obtain the black mask in Ironman Mode, players must either kill sea horrors in the Shadow Reef, or they must have 58 Slayer and need to have completed Cabin Fever to obtain it from cave horrors or unspeakable horrors on Mos Le'Harmless.
|Slayer helmet upgrade progression
||Initial upgrade cost
||Initial financial cost
||Spiny helmet + Face mask + Earmuffs + Nose peg + Black mask + 400 Slayer points
||The slayer helmet is a single item worn in the head slot that combines multiple pieces of protective and beneficial Slayer gear.
|Full slayer helmet
||Hexcrest + Focus sight + Slayer helmet
||Improves the damage and accuracy for Ranged and Magic attacks by 12.5% during Slayer tasks, just as the black mask boosts Melee as part of the base Slayer helmet.
|Reinforced slayer helmet
||100 Slayer points + Full slayer helmet
||10 Slayer points + Full slayer helmet
||It provides a 13% boost in damage and accuracy on Melee, Ranged, and Magic attacks against the player's current Slayer assignment.
|Strong slayer helmet
||400 Slayer points + Reinforced slayer helmet
||40 Slayer points + Reinforced slayer helmet
||It provides a 13.5% boost in damage and accuracy on Melee, Ranged, and Magic attacks against the player's current Slayer assignment.
|Mighty slayer helmet
||600 Slayer points + Strong slayer helmet
||60 Slayer points + Strong slayer helmet
||It provides a 14% boost in damage and accuracy on Melee, Ranged, and Magic attacks against the player's current Slayer assignment.
|Corrupted slayer helmet
||1000 Slayer points + Mighty slayer helmet + Corrupted gem
||100 Slayer points + Mighty slayer helmet + Corrupted gem
||It provides a 14.5% boost in damage and accuracy on Melee, Ranged, and Magic attacks against the player's current Slayer assignment. Gives codex access while worn and increased ushabti capture chance when on-task or at 120 slayer.
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
Concept art of the slayer helmet
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- Equipping Slayer helmet from the bank now has wear in the options.
- patch 4 November 2019 (Update):
- Original slayer helmet now correctly give any accuracy bonus to melee.
- ninja 28 August 2018 (Update):
- Players with non usable 'enchanted slayer helmet' will now be able to convert the item to regular slayer helmet.
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- Slayer helmets now correctly equip from the Bank menu.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The Rellekka Slayer Caves teleport option that is displayed when the ring of slaying or the slayer helm are activated has been renamed to "Fremennik Slayer Dungeon" to remain consistent with the name of the dungeon elsewhere.
- patch 13 October 2014 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to teleport to Morvran using the slayer helm teleport function without first unlocking the ability to do so.
- ninja 6 October 2014 (Update):
- A fused slayer helmet will now tell the player how many charges remain after teleporting.
- ninja 23 June 2014 (Update):
- Players will now be asked how many items they would like to recharge with a slayer helmet.
- Fused slayer helmets now benefit from the ferocious ring damage boost.
- ninja 10 March 2014 (Update):
- Upgrading Slayer helmets now costs significantly less if the player has upgraded a helmet before.
- patch 4 February 2014 (Update):
- Tiered slayer helmets now show the correct colour on chatheads.
- patch 28 November 2012 (Update):
- We've brought all the slayer helm variants up to the stats that they should be, regardless of their colour.
- patch 11 April 2012 (Update):
- Pikkupstix no longer tries to wipe paint off of unpainted Slayer helmets when trying to enchant them.