Patch Notes (20 October 2014)
These Patch Notes were announced on 20 October 2014.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- Ruby harvest butterflies are no longer white.
- A mirror above a Miscellanian fireplace no longer glows too brightly with bloom on.
- Books no longer stick through the floor in an Ardougne house.
- Wooden beams on the side of the huts on Death Plateau can no longer be walked on.
- Players will no longer sink in to certain squares in the Lumbridge crater.
- Dwarven multicannons will no longer float when placed between the far eastern pillars of the Grand Exchange and Varrock Palace's wall.
- The yellow and red pools in Oo'glog are no longer blue in minimum graphics detail settings.
- Some missing polygons on the statues outside of the Ardougne Monastery have been added back in.
- The tops of the jungle trees in Brimhaven have been re-aligned.
- The bridge on the Void Outpost island no longer has a gap on the minimap and world map.
- A graphical issue with a teak tree south of Castle Wars has been fixed.
- A graphical issue on a rock near the Grand Exchange has been corrected.
- The top of a yew tree in the Lumbridge church graveyard is no longer hidden by the 'Remove Roof' setting.
- A graphical issue on a tile of the Mos Le'Harmless docks has been corrected.
- Experts have restored a damaged painting in the Handlemort estate in Ardougne.
- A mismatched tile on Oo'glog beach has been smoothed out.
- The Party Room table's shadow no longer sits above the table.
- Some minor ground decor issues in the captured temple near Goblin Village have been corrected.
- A mismatched tile on the Spirit Realm flower farming patch has been corrected.
- The Blood altar's minimap now matches the environment.
- A swamp tree no longer clips through the Barrows entrance arch.
- Graphical issues with the banks of the River Dougne have been resolved.
- The sheathed Dwarven crossbow override no longer stretches when performing animations.
- Certain hairstyles no longer clip through spined helms on female characters.
- A graphical issue with the colonist's top has been resolved.
- Chinchompas and Skillchompas are now sheathed on the hip.
- The model for the dwarf that drives the Keldagrim to Dorgesh-Kaan cart has been updated.
- Alice's husband and other ghosts in Port Phasmatys now have transparent heads.
- The icons for pet hunger and growth percentage are now the correct way around.
- Graphical issues with the defeated Lotheria Seldorina during the Vengeance saga have been fixed.
- The Astral altar's glow has been dimmed slightly in DirectX mode.
- The models for the rotten apples barrel and apple barrel objects have been updated.
- Kardia and the Half Soulless have had their patchy graphics fixed.
- A graphical issue with Dharok's helm has now been fixed.
- A graphical issue with the bonesack (e) clipping with the player's head has been fixed.
- Some blocking has been added to one of the holes in the Lumbridge crater.
- Blocking has been added to an edge next to Kardia's house in Underground Pass.
- Some force-walk tiles in the North Lumbridge cabbage field have been removed.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:
- The Portents of Restoration have had their healing values corrected in the Constitution Skill Advance Guide.
- Resetting the wave at Barbarian Assault no longer pays out a wave ticket if you have already used a wave ticket on the current run, as it was possible to infinitely recycle a single ticket. Players may still use extra tickets they already own and will continue to get tickets again after completing wave 10.
Quests, Challenges & Achievements:
- Corrected the name of Ice Burst when freezing Chimp ices.
- An issue where players could complete the first two basic challenge for Mistress Fara multiple times on the path system has been corrected.
- Morvran has been added to 'NPC Contact' lunar spell.
- The accuracy of the Keris dagger has been improved.
- Harmonised rocks in Prifddinas now work correctly.
- The attuned ectoplasmator now correctly restores prayer when used along with the Dungeoneering prayer restoring necklaces.
- Ethereal armour will now correctly allow the player to traverse greater conjuration platforms in the Runespan freely.
- Area of effect abilities will now deal more damage against the main target when Metamorphosis is active.
- Excalibur can now be stored in a keepsake box.
- Players can now manually remove friends and ignored players with underscores in their names from the respective lists.
- The Mask of Dust teleport now correctly refers to the Smoke Dungeon.
- A bark sound effect has been added to white wolves.
- A typo with Pete the spider pet has been fixed.
- The statue collection bag can now be equipped from the bank.
- Players can now check the statue collection bag when it is worn.
- The quest button within the featured tab will now redirect the player to the quest journal when no quests are featured.
- Players will now stop skilling when eating food using the action bar, to remain consistent with eating food via the inventory.
- A typo in the warning text when making Hardcore Ironman accounts has been fixed.
- The Hardcore Ironman authenticator warning has been altered to have a single 'Continue' button, as players were clicking 'no' and not realising that this creates a non-Ironman account.
- It is no longer possible to claim multiple Sköll boots from the toy box in a player-owned house.
- Tutorial skilling hints will no longer appear for high level players.
- Foreman George has been removed from the game. Items he provided can be reclaimed from Diango if the player has unlocked them.
- Text in the legendary pet banking interface will no longer go off the edge of the interface.
- Point lights will correctly appear in java and HTML5 when switching to an instanced area not on level 0.
HTML5 Engine Fixes:
- Sprites that should only appear in the software graphical mode should no longer appear in hardware accelerated graphics (OpenGL) mode.