Legio Tertius is one of the bosses in the Monastery of Ascension. Accessing him requires an Ascension Keystone Tertius.
As with all the bosses in the Monastery of Ascension, Legio Tertius attacks primarily with a combination of a basic magic attack and a lightning attack - the latter of which is focused in a 2x2 square (expanding to a 3x3 square and then to a 4x4 square over two game ticks) which deals high, magic-style damage to the player if they stand where the lightning falls. (The lightning attack is always affixed to the player's location, and thus continuously moving throughout the fight is imperative.)
Like all of the Legiones within the Monastery of Ascension, Legio Tertius has a special ability which activates as his life points are gradually depleted in 25% intervals (every 7,500 life points drained) until death - occurring a total of three times throughout the fight. His special ability, however, is that he summons other ascended to aid him throughout the fight. As with all other Legiones, his special ability's activation is signaled by an overhead chat message. In total, he summons three Rorarii at 75% life points, one Gladius at 50% life points, and finally a Capsarius at 25% life points remaining. Once the capsarius uses it healing buff on Tertius, it will need to be killed - though it is possible to kill Tertius before the capsarius focuses on him, using a combination of high-level weapons and powerful, well-timed abilities. The ascended he summons do not drop anything. When Tertius dies, all his summoned ascended also die.
|Nothing|1 1 1 1
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 1,058 kills.|
6 items are dropped at a time.
- ^ Previously confirmed by Mod Lee to be 1/8, later updated.
- ^ a b c Triskelion fragments are dropped in order.
- ^ Dropped only on Slayer task.
- ^ Has a base drop rate of 1/1,000, with a threshold of 1,200.
- ^ Does not appear once all journal pages are collected
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
- I Got This ( 40) – Defeat each of the six Legiones consecutively without leaving the Ascension dungeon.
- Stand Your Ground ( 50) – Defeat each of the six Legiones without moving.
- We are legion ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Legiones.
- Descension I ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/5)
- Descension II ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/10)
- Descension III ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/25)
- Descension IV ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/50)
- Descension V ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/75)
- Descension VI ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/100)
- Let it go, Legio ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Slayer monsters located within Feldip Hills.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 4 May 2020 (Update):
- Runite stone spirits have been replaced by banite stone spirits.
- patch 7 October 2019 (Update):
- Legio Tertius' boss defence buff will no longer persist after Capsarius has been killed.
- patch 3 August 2015 (Update):
- Familiars now deal less damage to Legio Tertius while he is being healed by a Capsarius.
- ninja 29 June 2015 (Update):
- Legio Tertius's rorarius, gladius and capsarius guards are now killed automatically when their master falls in battle.
- Legio Tertius is roughly Latin for "Third Legion". However Legio is a feminine noun, while Tertius is a masculine adjective; the correct form would be Legio Tertia. Legions were the largest units of the Roman army and there were 6 in a whole army, hence there are six legiones in the Monastery.
- Legio Tertius' summoned ascended did not die with him prior to an update on 29 June 2015 - players had to kill them after he died, or leave the room and create a new instance.
- Some time after the release the drop rate of the signet was increased from 1/64 to 1/50.