|Release date||8 December 2009 (Update)|
|Sells items||Slayer Equipment|
|Examine||She looks incredibly strong.|
|NPC ID||9084, 9085, 15934|
|Links||MRND9084 MRND9085 MRND15934|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
Kuradal is the third highest level Slayer Master, the daughter of Duradel, and the current holder and seller of the Slayer cape. She is found in the Ancient Cavern, which requires barbarian training to access. Players need at least 75 Slayer and a Combat level of 110 or more to obtain a slayer assignment from her. She keeps many of the monsters she assigns in a nearby dungeon.
The easiest way to reach her is by using a ferocious ring, which teleports directly to Kuradal and may be obtained as a drop from any of the monsters located in her dungeon. Alternatively, she may be reached through the fairy ring network using the code BJQ. However, this fairy ring must first be repaired using 5 bittercap mushrooms. This area can also be accessed via running south of Barbarian Assault minigame and diving off the pier.
History[edit | edit source]
Kuradal was born to Duradel and a yet to be revealed mother. When speaking to her about herself, Kuradal reveals that she has been engaged in combat training since childhood, and trained in Slayer from a young age, under her father. She remained very close to her father, but both are competitive, and she sought to be the best, even to surpass her father. She accepted the position of a Slayer Master, and now she offers Slayer challenges greater than those offered by her father.
In Festival of the Dead, she revealed that she would go out at night to slay tougher and tougher creatures to surpass her father when she was a child. At some point, Kuradal's mother and father separated; she had completed many preparations to bring her father and mother back together, before Duradel's death, and regretted not making these preparations sooner, to bring her parents back together while her father was still alive.
Kuradal also seems to be good friends with Morvran. Morvran reveals that he met her during one of his travels outside Tirannwn, and Kuradal showed him much about the rest of the world. In return, Morvran taught her the many secrets that were closed off. Sometime after the restoration of Prifddinas, Kuradal began supplying Morvran monsters for his dungeon.
Slayer points[edit | edit source]
Successfully completing a Slayer assignment confers an amount of Slayer points depending on how many tasks have been successfully completed in a row. After the Smoking Kills quest the amount is doubled. Completion of a task assigned by Kuradal after completing Smoking Kills will grant:
- 18 Slayer points for a normal task
- 90 for every 10th task
- 270 for every 50th task
This means that an average of 28.8 points are earned per task in each 50-task set.
Assignments[edit | edit source]
|Monster||Amount||Combat level||Slayer experience||Slayer level||Weakness||Weighting|
|Aberrant spectres||150-250||72, 78 (Pollnivneach slayer dungeon)||109, 123||60|| Thrown (Slayer tower)|
Arrows (Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon)
|Abyssal demons [a 1]||150-250||98||278||85||Slash||10|
|Adamant dragons||40-50||116||656||1||Air spells||8|
|Airut [a 1]||125-150||122||800||92||Nothing||10|
|Aquanites [a 2]||160-200||95||212.6||78||Arrows||10|
|Ascension members||100-125||84 (Rorarius), 91 (Gladius), 105 (Capsarius/Scutarius), 304 (Legiones)||147.5, 231, 409.5, 1922||81/95||Ranged||10|
|Automatons[a 3]||65-80||115||624||67|| Fire spells (Automaton Guardian)|
Crush (Automaton Tracer)
Arrows (Automaton Generator)
|Aviansie[a 4][a 5]||125-150||89, 92, 95, 580/102 (Kree'arra and guards)||179, 2261, 209, 161, 150||1|| Bolts (aviansies)|
Nothing (Kree'arra and guards)
|Black dragons||40-90||70 (Baby), 100 (Black), 276 (King), 900 (Queen)||245, 1,104.5, 1780||1|| Bolts (baby/regular dragons)|
|Bloodveld||180-250||61, 68, 92 (Godwars dungeon), 91 & 95 (mutated)||38.6, 88.4, 197, 216, 239.6||50|| Thrown|
Fire spells (Mutated)
|Blue dragons[a 1]||120-200||74, 44 (baby)||93.8, 18.8||1||Bolts||7|
|Celestial dragons[a 6]||125-150||127||976.3||1||Arrows||10|
|Chaos giants[a 7]||60-100||126||929||1||Stab||8|
|Corrupted creatures||150-250||See Corrupted creature page||See Corrupted creature page||See Corrupted creature page||See Corrupted creature page||10|
|Dagannoth||170-240||See Dagannoth article||See Dagannoth article||1||See Dagannoth article||10|
|Dark beasts[a 1]||150-250||105, 112 (revenant)||331.4, 140||90|| Bolts|
|Edimmu[a 8]||150-250||122 (normal), 125 (powerful)||880.2, 929||90||Slash||10|
|Elves||120-150||84/89 (Elf warrior), 108 (Seren mage, Seren archer, Seren warrior), 122 (Cadarn magus, Cadarn ranger, Iorwerth guard, Iorwerth scout)||73.6/89.4, 334.2, 334.2, 334.2, 608, 608, 608, 608||1|| Fire spells|
|Ganodermic creatures||70-90||112||565 (beast), 565 (runt)||95||Fire spells||7|
|Gargoyles [a 1]||150-250||93||197.4||75||Water spells||12|
|Gemstone dragons[a 9]||60-100||119, 126, 133||1448.4, 1858.8, 4768.8||95, 98, 101||Arrows||10|
|Glacors [a 10]||50-70||112||1881||1||Fire spells||8|
|Greater demons [a 1]||150-250||82, 650/102 (K'ril Tsutsaroth and Tstanon Karlak)||142, 2151.5, 209, 161, 150||1|| Bolts (regular)|
Fire spells (K'ril/Tstanon)
|Grotworms||80-150||28 (young), 63 (regular), 98 (mature)||12, 28, 343.6||1||Bolts||10|
|Hellhounds [a 1]||130-220||92, 95 (God Wars Dungeon)||93.6, 218||1|| Water spells (God Wars Dungeon)|
|Ice strykewyrms [a 11]||100-200||152||693.2||93||Fire spells||9|
|Iron dragons [a 1]||60-110||106||245||1||Water spells||9|
|Kal'gerion demons||50-100||126||1858.8||90 [a 12]||Nothing||5|
|Kalphites||170-250||Regular: 58, 65, 72, 333 (Kalphite Queen)||Regular: 62, 78.8, 99.8, 1347
Exiled: 110, 147, 147, 240, 240, 2055, 14,332.5
|1||See Kalphites page||5|
|Lava strykewyrms||50-100||115 (Lava strykewyrm), 1338 (WildyWyrm)||1872 (Lava strykewyrm), 16462 (WildyWyrm)||94||Nothing||12|
|Living rock creatures||120-170||92 (protector/striker), 95 (patriarch)||98, 320||1|| Water spells (Protector/Patriarch)|
|Living wyverns||30-55||127, 133 (elite)||1878.8, 2654||96||Fire spells||8|
|Mithril dragons||30-35||112||564.4||1||Earth spells||8|
|Muspah [a 13]||125-150||150||784||76||Nothing||16|
|Mutated jadinko||160-220||93 (baby), 96 (guard), 100 (male)||98.6, 188.4, 209.6||80, 86, 91||Stab||8|
|Nightmare[a 14]||100-120||128||1540||80||Earth spells||8|
|Nihil [a 13]||40-90||160||564||76|| Magic (Blood)|
|Ripper Demons||50-75||131 (normal), 138 (elite)||2721.5, 3203||96||Earth spells||8|
|Skeletal Wyverns||40-90||109||510.8||72||Fire spells||5|
|Soul devourers||150-250||106, 109, 111, 115, 122, 130||504, 536.2, 370, 799, 408.4, 1780.5||105-117|| Water spells (all melee) |
Arrows (Imperial mage akh)
Crush (Imperial ranger akh)
|Spiritual mages||150-240||98||229||83|| Arrows (Zamorak)|
Bolts (Armadyl, Bandos and Saradomin)
|Stalker creatures[a 15]||120-170||86, 128, 135 (elite)||440.6, 1950||71, 99|| Thrown (Seeker)|
|Steel dragons [a 1]||40-100||100||350||1||Water spells||9|
|Suqah||50-100||73, 74, 79||49.8||1||Fire spells||5|
|Terror dogs||60-70||61, 65||69, 79||40||Slash||6|
|TzHaar||80-110||86||77||1|| Water spells (TzHaar-Ket and TzHaar-Hur)|
|Tormented demons [a 16]||40-60||119||1136||1|| Fire spells (melee)|
|Vyrewatch [a 17]||90-130||70, 72, 75, 78, 86, 91 (Vyrewatch) / 98 (Vyrelord/Vyrelady)||45.4, 49.8, 54.8, 60.6, 81.0, 340 / 340||31 / 67||Thrown (only blisterwood weapons can cause damage)||8|
|Warped tortoises [a 18]||150-240||72||95||56||Bolts requires crystal chime in inventory||8|
|Waterfiends||170-250||102 (Ghorrock), 107||290.8, 335||1||Bolts||9|
|Wights||120-150||108||1|| Air spells (melee wight)|
Slash (wight ranger)
- ^ a b c d e f g h i These monsters are found in her dungeon.
- ^ The ability to be assigned aquanites using 50 Slayer points must be purchased.
- ^ Requires The World Wakes to unlock area, and the following to unlock Automatons: The Firemaker's Curse, Ritual of the Mahjarrat, The Chosen Commander, The Branches of Darkmeyer, and The Void Stares Back.
- ^ Requires you to speak to the dying knight outside of God Wars Dungeon to unlock them as a task.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Daze's Twitter account. 7 August 2018. (Archived from the original on 20 December 2019.) Mod Daze: "Talk to the guy on the surface and it should unlock then"
- ^ Requires One of a kind
- ^ Requires Birthright of the Dwarves
- ^ Requires 115 Dungeoneering
- ^ Only after completing the hard Karamja achievements
- ^ Only after completing Ritual of the Mahjarrat and paying 50 Slayer points to toggle it on.
- ^ Players need to own a fire cape or TokHaar-Kal (equipped, in player-owned house, in bank, or in inventory) or have purchased the ability to get an ice strykewyrm Slayer task for 2,000 Slayer points. Players must also have completed The Tale of the Muspah. Dropping all fire capes before obtaining a new task and picking them up afterwards can avoid this assignment.
- ^ This is the level required to be assigned them as a task. Players also need 90 Dungeoneering to access the Kal'gerion dungeon
- ^ a b The Fate of the Gods quest must be completed and purchased the ability to assign them using 50 Slayer points.
- ^ Only after completing Children of Mah and paying 50 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- ^ Only after completing Dishonor Among Thieves.
- ^ Only after finishing While Guthix Sleeps and paying 50 Slayer points to toggle it on.
- ^ Only after finishing The Branches of Darkmeyer quest.
- ^ Requires completion of The Path of Glouphrie quest
Slayer Challenge[edit | edit source]
Kuradal will occasionally offer a special task in place of a regular Slayer task. The player needs to accept the challenge right away, as there are no options to "swap" the task for the challenge when talking to her after she has given the task. The player can decline to take the special task without penalty. If the player accepts the special task, completing the task:
- Earns extra Slayer experience.
- Earns Slayer points, if the player has completed the Smoking Kills quest.
- Counts as a task for the player's consecutive task count, which is used for Slayer points.
Kuradal's special task is for the player to slay 280 volcanic creatures of the Fight Cave in place of a regular task of slaying TzHaar. Only creatures killed in the TzHaar Fight Cave and certain creatures during Brink of Extinction count for this special task. The number of Fight Cave monsters Kuradal assigns is always just enough to clear the entire Fight Cave activity once, including killing 2 waves of 4 healers during the fight with TzTok-Jad. During this task, the player is rewarded 25,000 extra Slayer experience if they kill TzTok-Jad. Killing all 280 monsters in the Fight Cave grants 50,000 Slayer experience, adding up to 76,500 Slayer experience.
Task weighting[edit | edit source]
A dynamic calculator for task weight can be found here.
The percentage chance of getting assigned a given Slayer task can be calculated using the formula
where is the task's weight and is the sum of all weights for the particular Slayer Master. Note that the weights of all blocked tasks, as well as tasks toggled off have to be subtracted from the sum . For Kuradal, assuming all possible assignments are available, = 546.
Preferring a task makes it approximately twice as likely to be assigned, for the first assignment choice, but does not affect the weighting of the second assignment choice provided by a Slayer VIP ticket.
Stock[edit | edit source]
|Item||Stock||Sell price||Buy price||GE price||Resale value|
|Slayer cape||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (-39,600)|
|Slayer hood||∞||99,000||Not bought||3,000||∞ (-96,000)|
|Slayer cape (t)||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (-39,600)|
|Slayer master cape||∞||120,000||Not bought||72,000||∞ (-48,000)|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 3 June 2019 (Update):
- The "Don't ask me again" option for Kuradal's special slayer challenge now correctly checks the appropriate variable when cycling through getting slayer tasks.
- hotfix 28 November 2016 (Update):
- 21/11, 13:10 UTC: Players will no longer receive nightmare creature slayer tasks from Kuradal without completing Children of Mah.
- 21/11, 16:45 UTC: Players will no longer receive nightmare creature slayer tasks without unlocking the ability to receive the task.
- patch 14 December 2010 (Update):
- Kuradal no longer gives aquanite tasks to players who have recently switched Slayer masters.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before her official release, she appeared randomly in various slayer locations since 3 December 2009 using an unknown teleport. She used the Stat Spy spell while saying "Hmm... you'll be coming with me." and Monster Examine while saying "Hmm, interesting ..." She was spotted at the aberrant spectres, abyssal demons, bloodveld, blue dragons, dagannoth, dark beasts, gargoyles, green dragons, hellhounds, steel dragons and greater demons.
- Some of the Slayer monsters in Kuradal's Dungeon periodically try to leave, but she kills them in a single hit. When speaking with her through NPC Contact, she may end the call prematurely with "Hold on, something's just come out of the dungeon. Call me back in a second, I've got to go!"
- Unlike other Slayer Masters, Kuradal says "Hello" instead of "'Ello", although when contacted by NPC Contact she will say "'Ello". However, she addresses players with 99 Slayer with "Heya".
- When talking to Kuradal after The Ritual of the Mahjarrat, she admits she was at the fight against the Mahjarrat's minions but she chased one of the Mahjarrat inside the cave in which the Stone of Jas stood in the quest. Inside the cave, she killed a couple hundred glacors, but she remains upset that she wasn't able to kill Lucien herself. She is seen crying over Lucien's body in the final cutscene.
- After Ritual of the Mahjarrat, Kuradal also mentions that she may attempt to capture a few Dragonkin for Slayer training.
- During Father Joakim's commemorative event for her father Duradel, Kuradal remarks that she "would have loved to get mother and father back together again" and had "made all the preparations" but never got the chance; it is as yet unknown who her mother was. She also remarked that as a child she and her father would compete to see who could slay more monsters, with her being determined to surpass him.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Rowley's Twitter account. 26 September 2014. (Archived from the original on 28 September 2014.) Mod Rowley: "Preferred Slayer tasks = a silent, second random roll. If either task is on your prefer list, that's what you get (bias towards first roll)... Once normal and prefer roll is decided, [if] you have a VIP ticket, you get the choice between that roll and a third roll."