|Release||7 March 2016 (Update)|
|• The dragon that raised Vindicta, originally ridden by Morvannon. |
• His feral instincts are no longer suppressed.
|1000||300,000||? (edit)||? (edit)|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
2 ticks (1.2s)
|Immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Gorvek is a dragon that featured in Vindicta's memory in Tales of the God Wars. He was responsible for raising Vindicta and is her current mount. Morvannon used to be his dragon rider before she was killed, but Gorvek managed to harvest an egg from her body. Knowing what dangers would await the egg, he kept it in stasis for centuries until he felt it was safe to hatch it. Gorvek would later assist Vindicta in leading the forces of Zaros in the Heart, and assisting the World Guardian in destroying The Ambassador's cannon defence.
Gorvek supports Vindicta in the first half of her fight by spraying dragonfire in a straight line that deals up to 950 magic damage per tick while players are caught in it. Once Vindicta reaches half health, she will mount Gorvek. Gorvek does not have any actual stats in normal mode, as he only serves as a support unit in the first phase and is mounted by Vindicta during the second when she reaches half health.
In challenge mode, players must fight Gorvek after defeating mounted Vindicta. He carries an additional 300,000 life points and attacks at an extremely fast rate (1.2 ticks per attack). This attack can hit very high even through prayer so defensive abilities are highly recommended to mitigate his damage output. After every 10th melee attack, he will fly back into the middle of the room and launch dragonfire before resuming the fight as normal.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Daemonheim (during Tales of the God Wars)||1000||1||Maplink|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Classic Dragon Killing ( 40) – Defeat Gorvek and Vindicta whilst having a charged dragonfire shield equipped. Can only be completed in a solo instance.
- Revenge is sweet ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Vindicta/Gorvek.
- Vindictive and Vexatious:
- Vindictive and Vexatious I ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek. (X/5)
- Vindictive and Vexatious II ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek. (X/10)
- Vindictive and Vexatious III ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek. (X/25)
- Vindictive and Vexatious IV ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek. (X/50)
- Vindictive and Vexatious V ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek. (X/75)
- Vindictive and Vexatious VI ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek. (X/100)
- Vindictive I ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek in challenge mode. (X/5)
- Vindictive II ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek in challenge mode. (X/10)
- Vindictive III ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek in challenge mode. (X/25)
- Vindictive IV ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek in challenge mode. (X/50)
- Vindictive V ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek in challenge mode. (X/75)
- Vindictive VI ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek in challenge mode. (X/100)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 15 February 2021 (Update):
- Vindicta and Gorvek will now face the player when below 100,000 HP.
- patch 11 April 2016 (Update):
- Players no longer take damage from Gorvek's fire shortly before or after it's spawned or despawned.
- Fixed a spelling error in Rawrvek's chat.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Avatar. God Wars Dungeon 2 - Zaros & Sliske Bosses - RuneScape Developer Q&A (video). YouTube. 16 March 2016.*