|Release||8 January 2018 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||750,000 coins|
|Low alch||500,000 coins|
|It is stronger against targets with magical powers.|
|Exchange||415,302,754 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The hexhunter bow is a tier 80 shortbow dropped by soulgazers, however it performs as a tier 97 bow against magic classed enemies. It is a surface version of the Dungeoneering hexhunter bow. Unlike the Dungeoneering variant, the surface bow is not a shieldbow and is a lower tier. The intended ammunition for the bow are stalker arrows; however, it can use any arrow. The bow can be augmented using an augmentor, making the augmented hexhunter bow. This weapon is the ranged equivalent of the Terrasaur maul and Inquisitor staff.
It has two passive effects which can appear as a debuff on the target being affected by the buff:
- +12.5% damage boost against magic-classed enemies.
- +10% hit chance boost against magic-classed enemies.
The hexhunter bow gives no boost against other players in the wilderness.
This item degrades to a broken, repairable state over 60,000 charges of combat. The base repair cost is 2,000,000 coins for a full repair, which is scaled to how damaged it is. It can be repaired by a Repair NPC, or for cheaper on an armour stand/whetstone.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Passive effect[edit | edit source]
The following creatures and bosses are magical in nature, and thus are affected by the Hexhunter bow's boosts. Please note that this list is incomplete. For a complete list see Susceptible to hexhunter bow.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
- Ahrim the Blighted
- Araxxor (magic form)
- Astellarn, the First Celestial
- Chaos Elemental
- Crassian Leviathan
- Dagannoth Prime
- Kalphite King (magic form)
- The Magister
- Nomad (hard mode)
- Seiryu the Azure Serpent (only Seiryu, but not the Black crystals)
- Thrashing water
- Yakamaru (includes Yellow, Magical, and Durable Jellyfish)
Unaffected bosses[edit | edit source]
Slayer monsters[edit | edit source]
- Aberrant spectre
- Automaton generator
- Black demon
- Black dragon (includes Baby black dragon, but not Queen Black Dragon nor King Black Dragon)
- Blue dragon (includes Baby blue dragon)
- Cadarn magus
- Camel warrior (only the Blood mirage, Shadow mirage, Smoke mirage, and not the main one)
- Celestial dragon
- Chaos druid
- Corrupted kalphite marauder
- Crystal shapeshifter (magic form)
- Dark beast
- Defence Pylon
- Exiled kalphite marauder
- Gemstone dragons (includes Dragonstone dragon, Onyx dragon, and Hydrix dragon)
- Giant bat
- Greater demon
- Green dragon (includes Brutal green dragon)
- Imperial mage akh
- Infernal mage
- Lesser demon
- Nihil (only the Ice nihil and Smoke nihil)
- Order of Ascension (includes Rorarius, Gladius, Capsarius, Scutarius, and Legiones)
- Reavers (in Nex Killcount room, Blood phase at Nex, and during elements at Nex:Angel of Death)
- Red dragon (includes Baby red dragon)
- Stalker creatures (includes Seeker and Soulgazer)
- Tormented demon (while using magic attacks)
- Vile blooms (only the Luminous snagglers and Lampenflora)
- Warped tortoise
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
The base repair cost of the Hexhunter bow when completely degraded to 0.0% item charge is 2,000,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
If it is only partially degraded the cost of a full repair is multiplied by the percentage of item charge that needs to be repaired to produce the current repair cost.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|2000000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Comparison with other Ranged weapons[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.3%|
|1 × Shifting components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 1 June 2020 (Update):
- patch 15 July 2019 (Update):
- The Terrasaur maul and Hexhunter bow effects will now appear as a debuff on the target being effected by the buff.
- patch 3 April 2018 (Update):
- The damage against magic creatures when using the hexhunter bow has increased from 10%>12.5%
- The base accuracy of the hexhunter bow has been increased by 10%
- When attacking a monster which deals magic damage with your Hexhunter bow, it will now display an icon on the Monster Bar which lets you know that your damage bonus is working against them.
- update 8 January 2018 (Update):
- Added to game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The hexhunter bow's passive effect was improved on 3 April 2018. Its damage increase was increased to 12.5% up from 10%, and a 10% hit chance bonus was added.
- The hexhunter bow has the rarest confirmed drop rate of any item - 1/1,500,000, more than the Freneskae nihils' zaryte bow drop (who previously had the rarest rate of 1/1,000,000).
- It is the only anti-combat weapon that is obtained from traditional combat (as Big Game Hunter dinosaurs are "fought" differently, and the inquisitor staff is obtained through skilling).
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Tier 97 is an estimate as this changes based on various buffs and other worn equipment. The 12.5% damage boost is a multiplier that is applied to the player's base ability damage. For example if, you're 99 ranged without any armour bonus or potion boosts, then: , thus: where 1.125 is the Hexhunter bow buff which results in an effective base ability damage of 1713.
- ^ Mod Shauny. "Patch Notes - 03/04." 28 March 2018. Recent Game Updates Forums. Lost reference
|Dyed noxious longbow|
|Dyed Seren godbow|
|Recoloured dark bow|