Legio Quartus is one of the bosses in the Monastery of Ascension. Accessing him requires an Ascension Keystone Quartus and 95 Slayer.
As with all the bosses in the Monastery of Ascension, Legio Quartus attacks primarily with a combination of a basic magic attack and a lightning attack - the latter of which is focused in a 2x2 square (expanding to a 3x3 square and then to a 4x4 square over two game ticks) which deals high, magic-style damage to the player if they stand where the lightning falls. (The lightning attack is always affixed to the player's location, and thus continuously moving throughout the fight is imperative.)
Like all of the Legiones within the Monastery of Ascension, Legio Quartus has a special ability which activates as his life points are gradually depleted in 25% intervals (every 7,500 life points drained) until death - occurring a total of three times throughout the fight. His special ability teleports the player close to him and summons lightning at the arrival location of the teleport (giving the player a short time to move away in order to avoid considerably high damage). As with all other Legiones, his special ability's activation is signalled by an overhead chat message.
|Nothing|6 6 6 6
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 896 kills.|
6 items are dropped at a time.
- ^ Previously confirmed by Mod Lee to be 1/8, later updated.
- ^ a b c Triskelion fragments are dropped in order.
- ^ Dropped only on Slayer task.
- ^ Has a base drop rate of 1/1,000, with a threshold of 1,200.
- ^ Does not appear once all journal pages are collected
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
- I Got This ( 40) – Defeat each of the six Legiones consecutively without leaving the Ascension dungeon.
- Stand Your Ground ( 50) – Defeat each of the six Legiones without moving.
- We Are Legion ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Legiones.
- Descension I ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/5)
- Descension II ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/10)
- Descension III ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/25)
- Descension IV ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/50)
- Descension V ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/75)
- Descension VI ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/100)
- Let It Go, Legio ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Slayer monsters located within Feldip Hills.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 11 January 2021 (Update):
- Various bosses around RuneScape have taken their Santa Hats off for another year.
- patch 4 May 2020 (Update):
- Runite stone spirits have been replaced by banite stone spirits.
- Legio Quartus is roughly Latin for "Fourth Legion". However Legio is a feminine noun, while Quartus is a masculine adjective; the correct form would be Legio Quarta. Legions were the largest units of the Roman army and there were 6 in a whole army, hence there are six legiones in the Monastery.
- Some time after the release the drop rate of the signet was increased from 1/64 to 1/50.