|Release||4 October 2005 (Update)|
|This is going to hurt...|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|158 / 105 / 52|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|Not immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
TzTok-Jad is the final and most powerful TzHaar creature in the TzHaar Fight Cave, appearing at wave 63. TzTok-Jad was the strongest monster in the game for almost three years. Its name can be roughly translated to "Obsidian fire elemental".
Players must fight TzTok-Jad on their own, without the use of Summoning creatures or a dwarf multicannon for assistance. Players must defeat 271 other monsters before fighting Jad, resulting in a high usage of food, potions, ammunition, prayer, etc.
TzTok-Jad is strong enough to pose a danger to any inexperienced or unprepared player, regardless of skill or equipment.
A player may receive a task of TzHaar monsters from Kuradal, with the challenge to "Upgrade" your task. Doing so will result in a task of Volcanic Creatures. With this, you can opt to kill through the Fight Cave all the way to TzTok-Jad for a special reward of 25,000 Slayer experience (not including its base reward of 1,309 experience), in addition to any experience gained during the Caves.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Although TzTok-Jad does not drop any items directly, defeating it rewards the player with several items, as they will have successfully completed the TzHaar Fight Cave.
100% drops[edit | edit source]
It is possible to not receive the Fire Cape if the player dies before Jad's death animation finishes. Players will still be awarded killcount unless a deathtouched dart is used, and counts towards Soul Reaper tasks.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Fire cape||1||Always[d 1]||36,000||36,000|
- ^ Drops on the ground under the player if their inventory is full.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Seeing Lava ( 25) – Use your fire cape on TzTok-Jad before defeating them.
- Living On a Prayer Switch:
- Living On a Prayer Switch I ( 5) – Defeat TzTok-Jad. (X/5)
- Living On a Prayer Switch II ( 5) – Defeat TzTok-Jad. (X/10)
- Living On a Prayer Switch III ( 5) – Defeat TzTok-Jad. (X/25)
- Living On a Prayer Switch IV ( 5) – Defeat TzTok-Jad. (X/50)
- Living On a Prayer Switch V ( 5) – Defeat TzTok-Jad. (X/75)
- Living On a Prayer Switch VI ( 5) – Defeat TzTok-Jad. (X/100)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 11 January 2021 (Update):
- Various bosses around RuneScape have taken their Santa Hats off for another year.
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- patch 13 March 2012 (Update):
- It is now possible to hear TzTok Jad's attacks when he is out of draw distance range.
- patch 25 October 2011 (Update):
- TzTok Jad's melee sound has been delayed by one cycle, and his Magic attack sound effect has been quietened slightly. He also now has a sound effect attached when he rears up to perform a Ranged attack.
- patch 14 June 2011 (Update):
- TzTok Jad's attack sounds have been updated to give a magic charging sound, and ensuring the sounds can be heard from maximum attack distance.
- patch 25 May 2011 (Update):
- TzTok Jad's ranged attack sound effect now begins as soon as the projectile is launched.
- TzTok Jad's stomping attack sound effect is now louder.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- The healing animation on TzTok Jad has been updated to stop it from interrupting his other animations.
- patch 3 March 2010 (Update):
- TzTok-Jad now has a second animation played on him when he's being healed.
- patch 20 October 2009 (Update):
- Adjustment to the positioning of Jad's attack graphics, though his timing should not have changed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the 38th Postbag from the Hedge, the Wise Old Man calculated the approximate number of Roosters required to complete the TzHaar Fight Cave and kill TzTok-Jad at 5,308. In addition, the Wise Old Man mentions TzTok-Jad is allergic to chicken.
- When the player has killed TzTok-Jad, their Adventurer's Log will state "I killed TzTok-Jad, and can now claim my fire cape."
- In line with the original logic of the monsters in the Fight Caves (combat levels and life points doubled every time), TzTok-Jad should have had a combat level of 720 (Ket-Zek has a combat level of 360). However, because the hitpoint limit was 255 when TzTok-Jad was introduced, he could not have 320 hitpoints (the double of Ket-Zek's 160 hitpoints). Therefore his hitpoints were set at 250, which resulted in a combat level of 702, instead of 720. With the Evolution of Combat update, the life points of monsters in Fight Caves have since been changed; however, original combat levels remain.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this boss was 7,614 kills, shared between this boss and TokHaar-Jad.
- According to the Monsters of Gielinor infographic and RuneScape Top Trumps, TzTok-Jad is 11 metres tall. However, the same infographic shows the player character standing at nearly a third of TzTok-Jad's height (an average person is less than two metres tall, less than a fifth of TzTok-Jad's stated height), making the accuracy of the statement dubious.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. 38 Postbag 38. Postbags from the Hedge. 16:16, May 4, 2012 (UTC).*
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. Reddit. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 25 January 2019.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 20 Boss Killers by Monster (Data: 13th December 2018). Reddit. 8 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "[link to a spreadsheet]"