The capsarius is a slayer monster requiring 81 Slayer to combat. Described as a 'healer', it is a member of the Order of Ascension.
These monsters are found in the Monastery of Ascension located between the Feldip Hills and Mobilising Armies, along with gladii, scutarii and rorarii found within the dungeon.
They also feature in Nomad's Elegy together with the other Ascension creatures.
Capsarii are the Order's healers and are rather uncommon throughout the monastery. When a Capsarii detects that a fellow member has taken at least 200 or more damage, they will attempt to reach that member. The Capsarii, if it reaches the target, will proceed to heal the member for 100 health every few ticks while applying a massive defence buff at the same time, forcing the player to kill them as it is nearly impossible to finish off the target while the Capsarii is healing them.
However, they cannot heal themselves nor heal other Capsarii.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 3,055 kills.|
1 charm is dropped at a time.
||High alch value
|Tiny spiky rune salvage||1||6/128||7,060||8,000|
|Medium plated adamant salvage||1||8/128||5,150||6,000|
|Air battlestaff (m)||1||7/512||8,412||9,300|
|Water battlestaff (m)||1||7/512||8,437||9,300|
|Earth battlestaff (m)||1||7/512||8,369||9,300|
|Fire battlestaff (m)||1||7/512||8,324||9,300|
|Pure essence||38–42 (noted)||13/128||798-882||76-84|
|Unpowered orb (m)||5 (noted)||12/128||780||300|
|Sirenic scale (m)||1||1/1024||384,870||6,000|
|Yew logs||2 (noted)||12/128||300||192|
|Chilli potato (m)||1||8/128||1,490||7|
|Coal stone spirit||9–11||12/128||198-242||Not alchemisable|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
||High alch value
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Mimic kill token (m)||1||Very rare||9,545||Not alchemisable|
- This monster's name comes from the Latin word 'capsarius', meaning a slave who took care of things. Usually this was referred to those who served as help for doctors practising medicine, which bears similarities to this monster's ability to heal other monsters.
- They appear to be female, yet have a masculine Latin name (rather than being called "Capsaria").
- This monster and the other monsters in the dungeon are the first to have a weakness to a generic attack style (in this case, Ranged). These weaknesses were previously restricted to players.
- A hidden update increased the healing radius of the Capsarius.
- Sometimes, a rare glitch may occur where a Capsarius has died before it is able to heal its target. When this glitch happens, the monster it was supposed to be healing will gain the defensive buffs without healing, making it hard to kill monsters affected by this. This happens in places with Capsarius and in Legio Tertius' room.