|Release||1 April 2019 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charges|
|High alch||153,000 coins|
|Low alch||102,000 coins|
|When wearing this ring, you will avoid Death's office on death (does not work in PvP) and have a chance to gain adrenaline upon killing your enemy. This has been overcharged.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The ring of death (o) is a ring of death that has been overcharged to provide it with more degradation charges. The overcharged ring can be created from the regular ring by Death in exchange for 5 cut onyx and 25 black stone hearts (worth 8,230,560 coins in total), after unlocking the ability to overcharge the ring for 150 Reaper points. The overcharge increases the maximum equipment charges from 100,000 to 500,000.
Other than the increased charges, the overcharged ring is identical to the base ring. The charge drain on death remains 15,000 charges, the same as a non-overcharged ring, and the per-charge repair cost is also the same (322,975 coins). This means that each death reduces the ring's total charges by 3% of the maximum charges instead of 15%, and repairing the ring to full capacity requires 10 cut onyx instead of 2.
The ring continues to provide its passive effect as before: when a target is killed, there is a 50% chance to restore the wearer's adrenaline by 1% per 1,500 of the target's maximum life points, to a maximum of 5% adrenaline. As with the base ring, it will NOT activate for Hardcore Ironmen accounts.
Creating an overcharged ring only increases capacity, it does not add any additional charges (it must be still charged with additional cut onyx). For example, a ring that starts off fully charged (100,000 charges) will be at 20% charge after conversion.
The ring can be imbued into the Ring of death (i)(o) by the Raid Rewards store for 15,000 teci, which adds 2.5 to the Strength, Ranged, and Magic damage bonuses.
- ^ 1,800 charges per hour.
- ^ 3,600 charges per hour.
- ^ 6,000 charges per hour.
Comparison with other rings[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Item effects are no longer cleared from the buff bar when the Ring of Death activates.
- patch 15 April 2019 (Update):
- Overcharged rings of death can now be worn via the action bar.
- ^ Mod Pi. [HCIMRing of Death update]. "ALL THE AMBIGUITY!! lol sorry, Currently: it will save you from losing a life. Soon: it wont even activate on death for hardcore ironmen"*
- ^ Mod Poerkie. Seeking JMOD confirmation or any other reasonable evidence.. "....and what of your items? it counts as a normal death, the ring of death doesn't Trigger."*