The Dagannoth Kings are a group of three dagannoths living deep in the cave on Waterbirth Island. They are each level 303, and represent the combat triangle. Each of them uses a different combat style and has a weakness in line with the combat triangle (while immune to all other styles). Each King possesses a unique ring drop, except for Rex who has two. The rings give some of the best damage bonuses for their respective styles. All three kings have the ability to drop the dragon hatchet.
- Dagannoth Supreme, the King that attacks with Ranged and is weak to Melee, specifically stab and Balmung.
- Dagannoth Rex, the King that attacks with Melee and is weak to Magic, specifically fire spells.
- Dagannoth Prime, the King that attacks with Magic and is weak to Ranged, specifically arrows.
Obtaining all unique drops will unlock the Bukalla's Heir [Name] title.
In Blood Runs Deep[edit | edit source]
The Kings are mentioned in the quest Blood Runs Deep. They attempt to protect their leader but are stopped by Baba Yaga, Koschei the Deathless, Princess Astrid and Prince Brand. After a long battle, they retreated, but killed Princess Astrid and Prince Brand during the fight.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
The Kings reside in the sixth level of the Waterbirth Island Dungeon.
The simplest way to reach them is by using a Dagannoth Kings teleport. Alternatively, a player with access to the Max Guild tower can retune the portal in the southeast balcony or the PvM portal inside the Max Guild tower to just outside the Kings' lair.
If not using one of the above methods to get directly to the lair, it will be necessary to travel to Waterbirth Island using one of the methods below and then navigate through the dungeon to reach the lair.
Teleport to Rellekka (using the lodestone, enchanted lyre or house teleport) and then take the boat to Waterbirth Island by speaking to Jarvald on the westernmost pier. You will appear at the southwestern corner of the island and need to run counter-clockwise around the perimeter of the island until you reach a dungeon entrance.
Once inside the dungeon, go through the doors at the far end and follow the path marked on the map.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Baroo Quality ( 35) – Defeat a Dagannoth King whilst wearing full yak-hide armour and a Fremennik round shield.
- Dagannoth Traffic Wardens ( 40) – Defeat the Dagannoth Supreme with each different colour variation of Balmung.
- They All Fell Down ( 40) – Defeat the Dagannoth Kings all within 5 seconds of each other.
- Long live the Kings! ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from the Dagannoth Kings.
- Dagannoth for Everyone:
- Dagannoth for Everyone I ( 5) – Defeat any of the Dagannoth Kings. (X/5)
- Dagannoth for Everyone II ( 5) – Defeat any of the Dagannoth Kings. (X/10)
- Dagannoth for Everyone III ( 5) – Defeat any of the Dagannoth Kings. (X/25)
- Dagannoth for Everyone IV ( 5) – Defeat any of the Dagannoth Kings. (X/50)
- Dagannoth for Everyone V ( 5) – Defeat any of the Dagannoth Kings. (X/75)
- Dagannoth for Everyone VI ( 5) – Defeat any of the Dagannoth Kings. (X/100)
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the player used to kill Dagannoth Kings, it would read in your adventurers log which king you killed. Now, if a player kills a Dagannoth King (or several), it says "I killed a Dagannoth King," or if more are killed, "I killed # Dagannoth Kings." If a player kills over 100 Dagannoth kings without getting any rare drop the adventures log will say "I killed many Dagannoth Kings."
- Each of the three kings' names come from a Latin word. Supremus meaning 'highest', Primus meaning 'first' and Rex meaning 'King'.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the Kings had very high defence against attacks they were not weak to. After the update, the Kings gained complete immunity against the attacks they are not weak to. This does not apply to familiars, even if they are using the wrong combat style.
- For a short time after the Evolution of Combat, the Dagannoth Kings' aggression range was much further than their pre-Evolution of Combat range. This was fixed in a hidden update.
- As of 4 February 2014, the respawn time of the Dagannoth Kings has been increased.
- On 12 September 2016 Dagannoth Kings received the ability to attack players who stand under them.
- On 19 September 2016 Dagannoth Kings received both a graphical update and new drop tables.
- Their pets were not graphically updated for unknown reasons.
- On 31 July 2017 a safe spot was added to the entrance to the Dagannoth Kings.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for these bosses was 60,100 kills.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 Feb 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*
- ^ https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/adugze/top_20_boss_killers_by_monster_data_13th_december/