Legio Primus is one of the bosses in the Monastery of Ascension. Accessing him requires an Ascension Keystone Primus.
As with all the bosses in the Monastery of Ascension, Legio Primus attacks primarily with a combination of a basic magic attack and a lightning attack - the latter of which is focused in a 2x2 square (expanding to a 3x3 square and then to a 4x4 square over two game ticks) which deals high, magic-style damage to the player if they stand where the lightning falls. (The lightning attack is always affixed to the player's location, and thus continuously moving throughout the fight is imperative.)
Like all of the Legiones within the Monastery of Ascension, Legio Primus has a special ability which activates as his life points are gradually depleted in 25% intervals (every 7,500 life points drained) until death - occurring a total of three times throughout the fight. His special ability, however, is that both his basic magic attack and lightning attack will increase in potency as his health is depleted incrementally - much like the special ability of Dharok the Wretched, only capped in 7,500-life point intervals. As with all other Legiones, his special ability's activation is signalled by an overhead chat message.
|Nothing|1 1 1 1
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 727 kills.|
6 items are dropped at a time.
- ^ Previously confirmed by Mod Lee to be 1/8, later updated.
- ^ a b c Triskelion fragments are dropped in order.
- ^ Dropped only on Slayer task.
- ^ Has a base drop rate of 1/1,000, with a threshold of 1,200.
- ^ Does not appear once all journal pages are collected
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
- I Got This ( 40) – Defeat each of the six Legiones consecutively without leaving the Ascension dungeon.
- Stand Your Ground ( 50) – Defeat each of the six Legiones without moving.
- We are legion ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Legiones.
- Descension I ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/5)
- Descension II ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/10)
- Descension III ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/25)
- Descension IV ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/50)
- Descension V ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/75)
- Descension VI ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/100)
- Let it go, Legio ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Slayer monsters located within Feldip Hills.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 11 January 2021 (Update):
- Various bosses around RuneScape have taken their Santa Hats off for another year.
- patch 4 May 2020 (Update):
- Runite stone spirits have been replaced by banite stone spirits.
- Legio Primus is roughly Latin for "First Legion". However Legio is a feminine noun, while Primus is a masculine adjective; the correct form would be Legio Prima. Legions were the largest units of the Roman army and there were 6 in a whole army, hence there are six legiones in the Monastery.
- A few days after release, the Legio's drop table was updated; drops such as bowstrings were replaced with more valuable items such as the magic shieldbow (u), and the drop rate of the signets were increased from 1/64 to 1/50.