|Release||4 June 2013 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can make more of these with bronze bolts and Ascension fragments.|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always lost|
|Makeshift bolts, which are highly effective against the Ascended.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Fragment bolts are untradeable bolts fletched from bronze bolts and ascension fragments. They require 60 Fletching, and give 5 XP per 10 bolts made. Each action makes 15 sets of bolts, for a total of 150 fragment bolts per action.
Against Ascended, they are roughly equal to level 80 bolts. Against anything else, they are level 50. Damage is calculated starting as if the bolts were simply bronze, then adding a random amount approximately 460 (or up to 720 damage against Ascended) to each hit. This makes the hits lower than expected from level 80 ammo, but they're more consistent.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|5 XP||-||2 (1.2s)||-|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Bolts and bolt tips|
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||72.5%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 29 May 2018 (Update):
- Having fragment arrows or bolts equipped no longer applies their damage bonus when using a thrown weapon.
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- Fragment and Ascension bolts have been removed from the Ranged skill guide.
- patch 24 June 2013 (Update):
- Fragment bolts and arrows should now pack more of a punch and can be used with more weapons.