Legio Quintus spawns a Line of Ascension
Legio Quintus is one of the bosses in the Monastery of Ascension. Accessing him requires an Ascension Keystone Quintus, which can be obtained as a rare drop from the various NPCs within the Monastery.
As with all the bosses in the Monastery of Ascension, Legio Quintus attacks primarily with a combination of a basic magic attack and a lightning attack - the latter of which is focused in a 2x2 square (expanding to a 3x3 square and then to a 4x4 square over two game ticks) which deals high, magic-style damage to the player if they stand where the lightning falls. (The lightning attack is always affixed to the player's location, and thus continuously moving throughout the fight is imperative.)
Like all of the Legiones within the Monastery of Ascension, Legio Quintus has a special ability which activates as his life points are gradually depleted in 25% intervals (every 7,500 life points drained) until death - occurring a total of three times throughout the fight. His special ability is creating "Lines of Ascension". The first line travels east to west, bisecting the room through the tiles which the player was standing on (at 75% health remaining), followed by a line from north to south spawned in the same manner (at 50% health remaining), and a third line, heading from east to west in the same manner as the first (at 25% health remaining). Standing on the Lines of Ascension deals magic damage even heavier than his lightning attack, although with proper timing it is possible to run across a line without taking any damage. As with all other Legiones, his special ability's activation is signaled by an overhead chat message.
|Nothing|1 1 1 1
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 539 kills.|
6 items are dropped at a time.
- ^ Previously confirmed by Mod Lee to be 1/8, later updated.
- ^ a b c Triskelion fragments are dropped in order.
- ^ Dropped only on Slayer task.
- ^ Has a base drop rate of 1/1,000, with a threshold of 1,200.
- ^ Does not appear once all journal pages are collected
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
- I Got This ( 40) – Defeat each of the six Legiones consecutively without leaving the Ascension dungeon.
- Stand Your Ground ( 50) – Defeat each of the six Legiones without moving.
- We are legion ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Legiones.
- Descension I ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/5)
- Descension II ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/10)
- Descension III ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/25)
- Descension IV ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/50)
- Descension V ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/75)
- Descension VI ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/100)
- Let it go, Legio ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Slayer monsters located within Feldip Hills.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 4 May 2020 (Update):
- Runite stone spirits have been replaced by banite stone spirits.
- Legio Quintus is roughly Latin for "Fifth Legion". However Legio is a feminine noun, while Quintus is a masculine adjective; the correct form would be Legio Quinta. Legions were the largest units of the Roman army and there were 6 in a whole army, hence there are six legiones in the Monastery.
- Some time after the release the drop rate of the signet was increased from 1/64 to 1/50.