|Release||7 March 2016 (Update)|
|A violent and powerful dragon rider.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|480 / 320 / 160|
5 ticks (3.0s)
|Immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Vindicta is the Ilujanka general of Zaros's army in the Heart of Gielinor. She was raised by Gorvek and is the daughter of Hannibus and Morvannon. Level 80 Attack is required to face her; however, this may be boosted.
Obtaining all unique drops will unlock the title, [Name] the Dragonrider.
History[edit | edit source]
After Zaros's fall, Zamorak sent the demons Avaryss, the Unceasing, Nymora, the Vengeful and their sister out to track down and eliminate the Dragon Riders who chose to remain loyal to Zaros. The demonic trio led a group of hellhounds to tear the Dragon Rider Morvannon apart. The demons however didn't know that an egg had avoided them as they expected the Ilujanka to be infertile. The egg was brought to safety by Morvannon's mount, the dragon Gorvek. Gorvek held the egg in stasis until it was safe to birth her then raised her. He gave her the name Vindicta, meaning "revenge" in the Infernal language, in hopes that she would someday avenge Morvannon, the Ilujanka and Zaros. She had also learned of Hannibus' feats through Gorvek and grew to respect his fighting capabilities.
Vindicta grew up in Gorvek's care in the Grotworm Lair. When she was old enough she decided to avenge her parents and race by slaying the Twin Furies. Gorvek trained Vindicta and recovered her mother's armour and weapons. Unlike the other Illujanka, who were small and peaceful, Vindicta is unusually large and extremely aggressive.
Vindicta and Gorvek were eventually led to the Heart in the Kharidian Desert, where they stood face to face with the Twin Furies as well as the Sliskean Gregorovic and the Serenist Helwyr. Though her grudge was only against the Twin Furies, both Helwyr and Gregorovic decided that they would fight against her to claim the Heart. She calls upon the forces of Zaros to claim the Heart in his name, in addition to curing her dying race.
She acts as part of Zaros' entourage alongside Azzanadra and Char during Sliske's Endgame, where she initially confuses the World Guardian as one of Zaros' enemies. Zaros tells her to stand down, as they are an invaluable asset to his plans.
While assembling the strike force against The Ambassador during Curse of the Black Stone, Mr. Mordaut informs Hannibus and the World Guardian about her, prompting the two to visit her in the Heart. Vindicta shows initial disgust at Hannibus and the rest of the Illujanka in general for being too cowardly and just willing to give up at their chance for survival. With some persuasion and resolve by Hannibus, Vindicta decides to join the strike force, but only for the thrill of the fight, as she has no interest in parental bonds. At Daemonheim however, the World Guardian notes that she is slightly happier than usual despite stating otherwise. She assists the strike force by teaming up with Hannibus and Shakorexis and destroying the Ambassador's cannon defences. Following the battle, she returns to the Heart to lead her forces.
Drops[edit | edit source]
At 0% reputation each kill is worth 116,428.48 coins in uniques alone, if the player has 100% reputation this number increases to 232,856.96 coins.
100%[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Seal of the Dragon riders (m)||1–3||Always||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Main drop[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Luminite stone spirit||15–25||Common||5,535-9,225||Not alchemisable|
|Phasmatite stone spirit (m)||15–25||Uncommon||37,605-62,675||Not alchemisable|
|Necrite stone spirit (m)||15–25||Uncommon||26,175-43,625||Not alchemisable|
|Uncut diamond||18–22 (noted)||Common||42,696-52,184||2,160-2,640|
|Uncut dragonstone (m)||8–12 (noted)||Uncommon||96,592-144,888||4,800-7,200|
|Grimy dwarf weed (m)||14–25 (noted)||Common||133,728-238,800||0|
|Magic logs||150–250 (noted)||Uncommon||63,450-105,750||28,800-48,000|
|Raw shark (m)||45–55 (noted)||Common||72,450-88,550||8,100-9,900|
|Dormant Anima Core helm (m)||1||Varies||118,568||120,000|
|Dormant Anima Core body (m)||1||Varies||122,827||120,000|
|Dormant Anima Core legs (m)||1||Varies||121,480||120,000|
|Large plated rune salvage||8–15 (noted)||Uncommon||243,576-456,705||256,000-480,000|
|Dragon bones||150–250 (noted)||Common||466,350-777,250||0|
|Black dragonhide||25–44 (noted)||Uncommon||86,700-152,592||1,200-2,112|
|Dragon Rider lance (m)||1||Varies||32,792,665||108,000|
|Crest of Zaros (m)||1||Varies||26,050,602||60,000|
|Zarosian essence (m)||1||Varies||192,029||60,000|
Tertiary drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Rare drop table||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Sigil piece (Zaros) (m)||1||Always||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Imbued blade slice (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Glimmering scale (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
- ^ 1–2 in normal mode; 3 in challenge mode
- ^ a b c d e Drop rate: 1/512 at 0% drop enhance.
- ^ a b c d e f The drop rate of this item can be increased with faction reputation. At 100% drop increase, the drop rate of this item is doubled. The drop rate of this item is increased in challenge mode. The drop rate of this item has its denominator multiplied by 0.99 when wearing a Luck of the Dwarves ring.
- ^ a b c d e f Mod Timbo. "Revealing Drop Rates." 13 October 2017. Developers' Blogs.
- ^ Drop rate: 1/128 at 0% drop enhance.
- ^ Only drops in a solo fight. Drops in practice mode.
- ^ a b Has a base drop rate of 1/2,000 (normal mode) or 1/1,000 chance (challenge mode), with a threshold of 400. This is not affected by the increased drop chance reward from reputation.
- ^ a b One roll for each pet per kill of the boss.
Rare drop table drops[edit | edit source]
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items such as a ring of wealth or luck of the dwarves are not required to access the table.
|Rare drop table:|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Classic Dragon Killing ( 40) – Defeat Gorvek and Vindicta whilst having a charged dragonfire shield equipped.
- Revenge is sweet ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Vindicta/Gorvek.
- Vindictive and Vexatious:
- Vindictive and Vexatious I ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek. (X/5)
- Vindictive and Vexatious II ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek. (X/10)
- Vindictive and Vexatious III ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek. (X/25)
- Vindictive and Vexatious IV ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek. (X/50)
- Vindictive and Vexatious V ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek. (X/75)
- Vindictive and Vexatious VI ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek. (X/100)
- Vindictive I ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek in challenge mode. (X/5)
- Vindictive II ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek in challenge mode. (X/10)
- Vindictive III ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek in challenge mode. (X/25)
- Vindictive IV ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek in challenge mode. (X/50)
- Vindictive V ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek in challenge mode. (X/75)
- Vindictive VI ( 5) – Defeat Vindicta and Gorvek in challenge mode. (X/100)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- Gorvek's fire wall attack now deals standard magic damage, allowing it to be reduced by prayers and other forms of damage reduction.
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Gorvek's spine attack will now only hit the main target and players in close proximity to that target.
- ninja 10 June 2019 (Update):.
- The frequency of Necrite and Phasmatite stone spirit drops has been reduced across all God Wars Dungeon 2 bosses.
- patch 20 May 2019 (Update):.
- Both God Wars Dungeon 2 and Elite Dungeon bosses now award more Reaper points and Slayer XP when killed in challenge/hard mode.
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- Instead of Runite Stone Spirits, will now drop either Necrite Stone Spirits or Phasmatite Stone Spirits.
- Instead of Coal Stone Spirits, will now drop Luminite Stone Spirits.
- patch 15 January 2018 (Update):
- Players can no longer deal poison damage to Vindicta and Gorvek during the transition phase of the boss fight.
- Players will no longer lose the Attack option when Vindicta is transitioning to her next boss phase. This will help prevent players from walking under her during the transition.
- hotfix 3 October 2016 (Update):
- Slowed down Vindicta's anti-safe spot timer.
- Vindicta & Helwyr no longer stack enrage when at full health.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Vindicta is Latin for vengeance and retribution.
- There was a bug upon release where during the phase transition, Vindicta and Gorvek were "taggable", resulting in the first player to "tag" them obtaining the main drop, even if they did less damage than the other players. This was hotfixed.
- During the phase transition players can sometimes see Vindicta's weakness changing to crush attacks, where she can also be poisoned. This was fixed, and players can no longer deal poison during the transition phase.
- Vindicta was originally intended to be a Chthonian demon, and was changed to an Ilujanka due to concept art drawn by a member of The Watch.
- After Vindicta mounts Gorvek during the Tales of the God Wars cutscene, her examine text becomes "More violent, more powerful, more dragon."
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this boss was 60,000 kills for normal mode and 1,355 for hard mode. At this time, this was the record for the most-killed boss in the Heart of Gielinor, equal with Helwyr.
- She is the only boss in the Heart of Gielinor that is immune to the effects of poison in both her normal fight and her Challenge Mode fight. Gregorovic only has poison immunity in his Challenge Mode fight.
- Vindicta is the only one of Sliske's opposing generals not to have a personal grudge against Gregorovic.
- Before an update in 2019, Gorvek's dragonfire ignored standard methods of damage reduction, such as Deflect Magic and Devotion.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4KDkxPFaE8
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 Feb 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*
- ^ https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/adugze/top_20_boss_killers_by_monster_data_13th_december/
|Part 6 of the Sliske quest series|