|Release||14 February 2012 (Update)|
|This is the huge head of Har-Aken. Who knows how it ended up here?|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|282 / 188 / 94|
|FAQ • doc|
Har-Aken, lit. "Holy Kraken", is the final boss of the Fight Kiln combat minigame, encountered on wave 37 of the minigame. It was created by the elder god Ful to aid in constructing planets in the multiverse. He attacks with his tentacles surrounding the combat platform, with his head submerged in the lava and occasionally reappearing. His tentacles constantly respawn after defeat, and killing the head is required in order to defeat Har-Aken.
Defeating Har-Aken and completing the Fight Kiln rewards players with a TokHaar-Kal variant (depending on the player's most used combat style in the kiln), a prestigious cape only obtainable through completion of this minigame, a symbol to all players that they have defeated this boss and all difficult encounters before it. The alternative reward available to players is an uncut onyx, making this a very profitable minigame depending on the player's ability to defeat Har-Aken. There is also a 1/200 chance, with a threshold of 40, that you will be handed a volcanic shard if there is at least one free inventory spot.
Obtaining all unique drops will unlock the title, Kal-Haar-Xil [Name].
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Har-Aken attacks with his numerous tentacles, and can only be defeated by killing his head. The tentacles come in two types; both may attack with melee, but at a distance they will attack with either Ranged or Magic, hitting up to 1094. They are level 800 and have 7000 life points each. The head itself will not attack and will surface without needing to damage any tentacles.
Har-Aken's head never appears on the north side of the platform. It randomly surfaces at the east, south, or western sides of the arena for 20 seconds before going back under for another 50 seconds. Kill as many tentacles as possible while Har-Aken's head is submerged.
The use of a wand and shield abilities is discouraged while attacking Har-Aken as this unnecessarily prolongs the fight.
The fastest way of dispatching the boss is to activate a magic crystal, cast Vulnerability on the head as soon as it becomes attackable, and use Onslaught until the player's health becomes too low or the head submerges. Sunshine or Metamorphosis should be used the second time the head surfaces, and if Har-Aken is still alive at this point, Onslaught or threshold abilities can be used to kill the head when it surfaces for a third time.
If using a combat style other than magic, use Berserk or Death's Swiftness in place of Sunshine as well as their respective stat boosting crystals. Before using Berserk, however, the player should make certain that there is a low amount of tentacles within attacking range to avoid taking heavy damage.
There are various monsters weak to melee and ranged in the previous waves, so it is highly recommended to bring all three combat styles to clear the waves faster before facing Har-Aken with the style of the player's choice.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Although Har-Aken does not drop any items directly, defeating it can reward the player with several items.
100% drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High alch value|
|Uncut onyx (m)||1||Always[d 1]||1,287,774||1,080,000|
|TokHaar-Kal-Ket (m)||1||Always[d 1]||60,000||60,000|
|TokHaar-Kal-Xil (m)||1||Always[d 1]||60,000||60,000|
|TokHaar-Kal-Mej (m)||1||Always[d 1]||60,000||60,000|
Secondary drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High alch value|
|Volcanic shard (m)||1||1/200[d 1]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- First rule of fight caves ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from the TzHaar.
- Hardly a Challenge:
- Hardly a Challenge I ( 5) – Defeat the Har-Aken. (X/5)
- Hardly a Challenge II ( 5) – Defeat the Har-Aken. (X/10)
- Hardly a Challenge III ( 5) – Defeat the Har-Aken. (X/25)
- Hardly a Challenge IV ( 5) – Defeat the Har-Aken. (X/50)
- Hardly a Challenge V ( 5) – Defeat the Har-Aken. (X/75)
- Hardly a Challenge VI ( 5) – Defeat the Har-Aken. (X/100)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There was once a bug where using dreadnips would cause Har-Aken's head to glitch and move to the centre of the platform, never to submerge and caused the fight to be extremely easy. This has since been patched.
- Attempting to logout at the start of the wave would give the message: "There's no point in logging out now!" You could still log out however, if you had clicked "logout" during the previous wave.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this boss was 1,078 kills. At this time, this was the record for the least-killed boss in Gielinor.
- Har-Aken originally had 48,000 health, which was increased to 150,000 when the Fight Kiln was buffed on 13 June 2016.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b Mod Ryan. "Boss pets - Drop rates!." 9 January 2015. Ninja Team Forums.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 25 January 2019.) "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 20 Boss Killers by Monster (Data: 13th December 2018). 13 December 2018. (Archived from the original on 25 January 2019.)