Legio Sextus is one of the bosses in the Monastery of Ascension. Accessing him requires an Ascension Keystone Sextus.
As with all the bosses in the Monastery of Ascension, Legio Sextus attacks primarily with a combination of a basic magic attack and a lightning attack - the latter of which is focused in a 2x2 square (expanding to a 3x3 square and then to a 4x4 square over two game ticks) which deals high, magic-style damage to the player if they stand where the lightning falls. (The lightning attack is always affixed to the player's location, and thus continuously moving throughout the fight is imperative.)
Like all of the Legiones within the Monastery of Ascension, Legio Sextus has a special ability which activates as his life points are gradually depleted in 25% intervals (every 7,500 life points drained) until death - occurring a total of three times throughout the fight. His special ability, however, is that he will spawn lightning until three bolts of lightning persist simultaneously within his dungeon. The lightning which he spawns persists longer than those spawned by other Legiones, the length of time which each bolt of lightning persists increasing incrementally as his health is depleted. Once a total of three bolts of lightning have been spawned (within the first few seconds of the fight), the eldest of them will disappear and respawn at the players' location, generating a cycle of three bolts of lightning which will persist until Legio Sextus is defeated. As with all other Legiones, his special ability's activation is signaled by an overhead chat message.
|Nothing|1 1 1 1
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 1,172 kills.|
6 items are dropped at a time.
- ^ Previously confirmed by Mod Lee to be 1/8, later updated.
- ^ a b c Triskelion fragments are dropped in order.
- ^ Dropped only on Slayer task.
- ^ Has a base drop rate of 1/1,000, with a threshold of 1,200.
- ^ Does not appear once all journal pages are collected
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
- I Got This ( 40) – Defeat each of the six Legiones consecutively without leaving the Ascension dungeon.
- Stand Your Ground ( 50) – Defeat each of the six Legiones without moving.
- We are legion ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Legiones.
- Descension I ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/5)
- Descension II ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/10)
- Descension III ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/25)
- Descension IV ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/50)
- Descension V ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/75)
- Descension VI ( 5) – Defeat any of the Ascension Legiones. (X/100)
- Let it go, Legio ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Slayer monsters located within Feldip Hills.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 11 January 2021 (Update):
- Various bosses around RuneScape have taken their Santa Hats off for another year.
- patch 4 May 2020 (Update):
- Runite stone spirits have been replaced by banite stone spirits.
- patch 17 February 2014 (Update):
- A typo in the speech for Legio Sextus has been corrected.
- Legio Sextus is roughly Latin for "Sixth Legion". However Legio is a feminine noun, while Sextus is a masculine adjective; the correct form would be Legio Sexta. Legions were the largest units of the Roman army and there were 6 in a whole army, hence there are six legiones in the Monastery.
- Although Legio Sextus uses his lightning attack throughout the whole fight, he will use standard magic attacks if his aggression shifts to the player's familiar.
- Some time after the release the drop rate of the signet was increased from 1/64 to 1/50.