Starved ancient effigy
|Starved ancient effigy|
|Release||15 June 2010 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||If you destroy the ancient effigy, you will have to get another from a monster drop.|
|It sounds like something is contained within this relic.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A Starved ancient effigy is the first-tier of four types of ancient effigies, one of RuneScape's distractions and diversions. It requires level 91 in the skill it craves knowledge from. If the player's skill level isn't high enough, the effigy can be banked until you are able to use it, or you may exchange it for a 5,000 experience Antique lamp (for any skill level 50 or more) by talking to Historian Minas at Varrock Museum. When given knowledge, it will become a nourished ancient effigy and will grant 15,000 experience in the skill that was used to nourish it. The nourished ancient effigy will need level 93 in a certain skill. This skill can be different from the ones needed for the starved ancient effigy. The Assist System can be used to nourish an effigy, however the assisting player will get all of the 15,000 experience points. No effigies of any type will stack in the bank.
It can be obtained through different ways:
- Drop from various monsters. A given drop rate of effigies from a certain monster is directly related to the monster's combat level (exponentially, not linearly). See effigy drop rates for more info.
- One of the possible rewards from the Motherlode Maw
- Purchased for 1,000,000 coins from the Travelling Merchant's Shop. Players will need to first investigate it, leading to the message , before it be can used.
- There is a chance to obtain one from opening a Metamorphic Geode.
A maximum of 5 ancient effigies may be obtained by a player as a drop, after which a player must open at least one fully to receive another. The drop rate for an effigy is decreased the more a player owns. It is possible to have more than 5, if received from the Motherlode Maw or bought from Travelling merchant.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Store locations[edit | edit source]
Travelling Merchant's Shop[edit | edit source]
|Date||Slot A||Slot B||Slot C|
|3 September 2020||Goebie burial charm||Small goebie burial charm||Starved ancient effigy|
|18 September 2020||Goebie burial charm||Slayer VIP Coupon||Starved ancient effigy|
|5 October 2020||Small goebie burial charm||Slayer VIP Coupon||Starved ancient effigy|
|15 October 2020||Goebie burial charm||Menaphite gift offering (medium)||Starved ancient effigy|
|20 October 2020||Small goebie burial charm||Barrel of bait||Starved ancient effigy|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to an update that both capped the amount of effigies obtainable at once to 5 and made them significantly rarer many players could obtain one every hundred or so average monster kills.
- As of 19 November 2013, effigies are one of several monster drops that receive a drop highlight.
- Players wishing to decipher effigies in which they do not have the levels required should seek out clusters of high level players who want to offer effigy assistance. For example: World 2 Burthorpe bank or the Grand Exchange.
- An effigy received from the travelling merchant's shop must first be investigated prior to being allowed to opening it. This is not the case for other effigies.
- When obtained, the Recent Activities section in Runemetrics will state that the player killed the enemy and obtained it, even though some of them aren't actually killed, such as the Queen Black Dragon and the Crassian Leviathan.