Book of Death
|Book of Death|
|Release||23 January 2017 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||Drop (appears as Destroy)|
|A list of souls that need reaping.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Book of Death is a reward from Death's Store. It is a pocket slot item that grants combat stats and provides a small chance to instantly kill monsters or deal damage to bosses.
The book has 100,000 charges of combat, after which it degrades to a broken, unusable state. Each book activation will use 200 charges (0.2%) of its total charge, resulting in a maximum of 500 activations and costing 15,880.4 coins per activation. The book can be repaired by 25% by using additional Death notes.
Creating the Book of Death currently costs 79,919,290 coins (or 460 reaper points), and a full recharge (four death notes) costs 7,940,200 coins (or 160 reaper points).
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Passive[edit | edit source]
The passive has a 1/30 chance per hit to activate. When it activates, this will instantly kill the monster, or it will deal up to 5,000 damage to bosses. Shattered Worlds' mobs are treated like bosses and will also only receive 5,000 damage.
The book only activates when the target monster still has a high percentage of life points remaining  - it won't activate if the monster has already been significantly damaged.
The book is most effective when killing non-boss monsters with high life points (more than 30,000), such as (from highest to lowest life points):
- Brutish dinosaurs (70,000)
- Rune dragons (68,250) and Elite rune dragons (105,188)
- Ripper dinosaurs (65,000)
- Hydrix dragons (60,000) or Dragonkin Laboratory variant (75,000)
- Liverworts (60,000)
- Luminous snagglers (58,000)
- Acheron mammoths (50,525)
- Onyx dragons (50,000) or Dragonkin Laboratory variant (60,000)
- Feral dinosaurs (45,000)
- Devil's snare (42,000)
- Soulgazers (40,000) and Soulgazer (elite) (120,000 or 150,000)
- Dragonstone dragons (40,000) or Dragonkin Laboratory variant (55,000)
- Bulbous crawlers (38,000)
- Moss golems (35,000)
- Venomous dinosaurs (35,000)
- Nightmares (35,000)
- Kal'gerion demons (33,750)
- Ripper Demons (33,563) and Slasher Demon (67,126)
- Adamant dragons (32,812)
- Edimmu (32,000) and Edimmu (elite) (96,000)
- Vinecrawlers (32,000)
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Bought the ability to make Books of Death from Death's Store|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- The book of death effect should now correctly work when fighting Rune Dragons.
- patch 8 May 2018 (Update):
- The book of death will no longer occasionally cause a disconnection when activating.
- patch 16 April 2018 (Update):
- Ironmen will now correctly receive drops if Book of Death kills the NPC.
References[edit | edit source]