|Release||22 March 2006 (Update)|
|Quest item||In Aid of the Myreque|
|High alch||600 coins|
|Low alch||400 coins|
|A fully charged rod.|
|Item ID||7639, 7640, 7641, 7642, 7643, 7644, 7645, 7646, 7647, 7648|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Rod of Ivandis is a weapon that can be made during and after In Aid of the Myreque. Its stats are similar to those of an iron spear, and is used to kill Vampyre juveniles and Vampyre juvinates. Additionally, during and after Legacy of Seergaze, it is used to make an Ivandis flail.
During In Aid of the Myreque, it is learned that this weapon was used by the legendary Saradominist Ivandis Seergaze, who helped in an assault against Lord Drakan. The original rod, wielded by Ivandis Seergaze himself, can be found sealed onto the lid of his coffin.
To create the Rod of Ivandis, players must first use soft clay on the tomb found in the cave behind the Canifis bar, which is in the first cave entrance beyond the wall. This makes the mould. Then, players must acquire a sapphire, a mithril bar, and a silver bar, and craft them together in any furnace, granting 55 Crafting experience. The resulting item will be a silvthril rod, which must be enchanted with Lvl-1 Enchant, and then dipped into the well within Paterdomus with a rope.
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 20 October 2009 (Update):
- You now get a message when you try to use the special attack of the Rod/Flail of Ivandis on a vampyre that's too healthy to be affected.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, this weapon used to have a special attack called Retainer. It would freeze a Vampyre juvinate which had less than 1/2 of its health remaining. Each use of the special attack would use up a charge. Once all 10 charges had been used, the Rod of ivandis disintegrated into Rod dust. This dust is now a discontinued item and has no known use.
- Rods with less than 10 charges are discontinued items, as charges can no longer be used.
- Before charges were removed, when the Rod of Ivandis has 2 charges remaining, the Examine text changes to become "2! 2 charges left! Ha Ha Ha." This is most likely a reference to Count von Count of Sesame Street .