Third age platebody
|Third age platebody|
|Release||5 December 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||120,000 coins|
|Low alch||80,000 coins|
|Ancient armour beaten from magical silver.|
|Exchange||261,560,919 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The third age platebody is a members-only piece of armour that is part of the Third age warrior set. To wear any component of the set a player needs at least 65 Defence. To obtain a third age platebody the player can either complete a hard Treasure trail, trade with another player or buy it from the Grand Exchange.
It is currently the fourth best non-degradable platebody in the game, beaten by the Bandos chestplate which grants both a prayer and strength bonus, the Second Age Platebody and the Anima core body of Zaros. Due to it being inferior to significantly less expensive armour, it is most commonly worn to show wealth.
It was long thought that the chances of obtaining a piece of third age armour was of about 1 in 10,000 (according to Paul Gower), and in 2010 Mod Maylea stated that the odds are lower than 1 in 100,000. However, a livestream with Mod Simon and James revealed the mechanics of Treasure Trail rewards in detail, meaning the actual chances could be calculated: approximately 1 in 16,896 per item roll for any of the 12 parts of third age equipment, or approximately 1 in 202,752 for a specific part, per item roll - with an average of 5 item rewards per Trail, this gives approximately 1 in 3,380 for any part, or 1 in 40,551 for a specific part, per Trail completed. For a more detailed breakdown of drop mechanics and calculations, see Treasure Trails/Rewards#Hard.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||298.7||PvM: 1.3%||PvP: 3.9%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Giant Oyster||N/A||1||1/40551[dr 1]||N/A|
|Reward casket (hard)||Hard||1||1/40551[dr 1]||N/A|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Third age platebody|
|Disassembly category||Melee armour|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||28.5%|
|7 × Third-age components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- The skill guide now talks about Third Age items in a singular sense.
- Updated the model for Third Age armour to not stretch when doing various emotes or riding on a magic carpet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This platebody was known for being the single most expensive piece of body armour in RuneScape until the Ancient armour was released, but then took its place back after the crashing of the ancient armour.
- Third age Melee received a graphical update for female players on 5 September, 2012.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Maylea. "Treasure Trails Q&A Answers!." 28th of September 2010. News & Announcements Forums.
- ^ RuneScape Twitch channel. RuneScape 3 - 10,000 Hard Clue Casket Rewards with Mods Simon and James!. 12 May 2015.Lost reference*
Melee body armour
Third age equipment