Deadly red spider
|Deadly red spider|
|Release||5 February 2001 (Update)|
|I think this spider has been magically modified.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|23 / 15 / 7|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|Not immune||Not immune||Not immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Deadly red spiders are spiders found in several locations in RuneScape, especially in the Wilderness, Varrock sewers, and Karamja. Deadly red spiders are fairly accurate and can hit up to 272, with a ranged attack, with a speed of 4 game ticks (equivalent to scimitar/mace/dagger speed). Deadly red spiders count towards a Slayer task of spiders.
Deadly red spiders are a very effective training method because of their high experience yield relative to their lifepoints, giving around 200,000 experience per hour, with high combat P2P players getting over 300,000 experience per hour. As a result, deadly red spiders are usually crowded in free-to-play worlds.
As far as training in free-to-play areas is concerned, a free player who is not concerned with raising Prayer through monster drops and has at least 40 Fishing and Cooking would do well to train melee in the Karamja Dungeon due west of the Karamja volcano entrance. This particular training spot is almost never crowded, and there is relatively close fishing spot to catch lobsters at Musa Point, located on the northern end of the island's surface. Players may obtain logs from the tree near the end of the docks or via dead trees on the volcano to make fires and subsequently cook the fish they catch. These possibilities mean a self-sufficient player could potentially remain on Karamja and train on the spiders indefinitely.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Near the end of the Varrock Sewers (9)
- Crandor and Karamja Dungeon (5)
- Edgeville Dungeon (levels 4 to 6 Wilderness) (m)
- Abandoned Farm in the Wilderness
- Lava Maze phasmatite mining site
- Arandar (7) (m)
- Chaos Tunnels (m)
- Myreque Hideout (m)
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Deadly red spiders can provide excellent combat experience for mid-level players, especially for free players.
Drops [edit | edit source]
Charms[edit | edit source]
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 15,411 kills.|
1 charm is dropped at a time.
Main drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity[d 1]||GE price||High Alch|
|Spirit sapphire (m)||1||5/2000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Spirit emerald (m)||1||3/2000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Spirit ruby (m)||1||2/2000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Starved ancient effigy (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Spider egg (unchecked) (m)||1||Very rare||128,473||Not alchemisable|
Universal drops[edit | edit source]
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Mimic kill token (m)||1||Very rare||7,205||Not alchemisable|
Update History[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 March 2013 (Update):
- Grotworms, moss giants, banshees, jungle spiders, shadow spiders, spiders, giant spiders, deadly red spiders, ice spiders, scorpions, poison scorpions and pit scorpion will no longer hit for 1 hit point worth of damage.
- Deadly red spiders now have ranged accuracy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The examine used to say, "I think this spider has been genetically modified."
- Some Deadly red spiders in the Wilderness use melee instead of ranged.