The granite mace is a weapon that requires level 55 Strength and Attack and acts as protection from Bandosian minions in the God Wars Dungeon. In an idle stance, the mace is held on the uppermost part of the handle, similar to a maul.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, this weapon used to have a special attack. Similar to the granite maul this special attack would cause an extra attack to be done instantly with no other effects. Contrary to popular belief the special attack did not deal increased damage. Due to the limited benefits of its special attack the granite mace was one of only a handful of items whose special attack could be repeated instantly as it only consumed 50% of the special attack bar with each use.
- Shortly before the Evolution of Combat using the special attack of the granite mace to initiate combat with enemy produced a message stating that since the only function of the special attack was to strike quicker using it as the first strike in battle produced no effects and was essentially a waste of the special attack bar (paraphrased). A similar message occurred when a player used the granite maul to initiate combat.
The granite mace's special attack, Quick Smash
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 4 February 2014 (Update):
- The granite mace now has stats befitting a level 55 weapon, up from level 40.
- patch 11 December 2012 (Update):
- The requirements for the granite mace have now been corrected on the Grand Exchange.
- patch 21 April 2009 (Update):
- The granite mace has been added to the Attack skill guide.
- Having this equipped in the God Wars Dungeon will prevent followers of Bandos from automatically attacking you.
- This mace looks similar to that wielded by the Dungeoneering boss Rammernaut.
- This mace resembles the one wielded by Lord Sauron in The Lord of The Rings.