The barbed bow is a vanity item offered as an occasional in-game benefit from RuneScape Game Cards. It has the same stats as a standard Shortbow. When Redeeming either a 90 or 100 days Game card, you also received 200 iron arrows free to use with the bow. It was given out from the 9th of March to the 31st of March 2012 or by purchasing the gold membership package between 20 December 2012 and 31 January 2013. It is also obtainable by redeeming a Premier Club reward token.
It was also made available via:
- United Kingdom: GameStation, GAME & GAME Wallet
- United States: Gamestop
- Canada: EB Games (newly available)
- Australia & New Zealand: EB Games
- Republic of Ireland & mainland Europe: Gamestop
A cosmetic override version of the bow was available for purchase in Solomon's General Store for 29184 Loyalty Points or with 152 RuneCoins (137 with the 10% member's discount) but was removed and discontinued in January 2015.
The bow can be kept on death if it's one of your protected items, but otherwise does not appear under your gravestone. If lost, it can be retrieved for free from Diango.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- The barbed bow will now successfully play the draw back animation.
- The Barbed bow originally had its own unique firing animation where the bow was held at an angle when being used in combat.