|Release||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||960 coins|
|Low alch||640 coins|
|Short and magical, but still effective.|
|Exchange||1,112 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The magic shortbow is the second most powerful shortbow available to free players. The magic shortbow requires a Ranged level of 50 or higher to wield. The attack range of the magic shortbow is 7 spaces. It is one of the best bows for simple training that F2P players can wield, second only to the gravite chargebow, although the latter degrades over time.
A player can make a magic shortbow through the Fletching skill at level 80. First, the player must cut an unstrung magic shortbow from magic logs, granting 83.3 Fletching experience. Then, the player must string the unstrung magic shortbow with a bowstring, granting a further 83.2 experience.
This is the most frequently used bow by middle to high level rangers for training (especially in F2P) due to its damage and accuracy bonuses, along with its decent speed and use by many well-known player killers. The price and availability of magic shortbows also contributes to their popularity.
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|83.5 XP||-||2 (1.2s)||1,111|
|Magic shortbow (u)||1||507||507|
Special attack[edit | edit source]
The magic shortbow has a special attack called Snap-Shot (not to be confused with the threshold ability Snap Shot). Activating the special immediately fires two shots with 30% reduced accuracy hitting for 55-200% ability damage each, or 110-400% total. It uses 55% adrenaline. This special attack is only usable on members servers.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Valaine's Shop of Champions||1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of |
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||45.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The magic shortbow special attack is no longer accessible on free-to-play worlds.
- patch 11 January 2012 (Update):
- The magic shortbow's special attack will no longer work if the player only has one arrow.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When special attacks were first released on 14 June 2004, the special attack used less than 50% of special attack energy, allowing players to use two special attacks in a row. It was not changed to use 55% of special attack energy until the update Wilderness Capes, and Changes on 22 February 2005.
- The magic shortbow used to be the fastest firing bow in RuneScape when used with the rapid setting. However, after the Evolution of Combat update, all shortbows now always fire at the same speed due to the modification of the combat styles system.
|Dyed noxious longbow|
|Dyed Seren godbow|
|Recoloured dark bow|