The yew shieldbow is a free-to-play shieldbow. The yew shieldbow requires a Ranged and Defence level of 40 or higher to wield.
Players can make a yew shieldbow through the Fletching skill at level 70. First, a player must cut an unstrung yew shieldbow from yew logs, earning 75 Fletching experience. The unstrung bow is then strung with a bowstring, for an additional 75 experience.
It incorporates a shield inseparably in its design and, as a result, it provides armour and counts as a shield for Defence abilities, such as Rejuvenate. The attack range of the yew shieldbow is 8 spaces.
| Fletching level||70|
| Members only||No|
|Yew shieldbow (u)||1||264||264|
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 6 July 2015 (Update):
- Willow and yew shieldbow strings now stay attached to the bow when fired.
- ninja 7 January 2014 (Update):
- Yew bows are now non-member items.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- The game no longer thinks you're trying to light a fire if you try to use a yew longbow on any item in a bank.
- With the Evolution of Combat, the yew shieldbow and shortbow were both made into member's items, but this was reverted to free-to-play with the second player-owned ports update.
- With the release of Invention, yew shieldbows initially gave 23 Invention XP per disassembly.