The yew shieldbow is a free-to-play shieldbow. The yew shieldbow requires a Ranged and Defence level of 40 or higher to wield.
Players can make a yew shieldbow through the Fletching skill at level 70. First, a player must cut an unstrung yew shieldbow from yew logs, earning 75 Fletching experience. The unstrung bow is then strung with a bowstring, for an additional 75 experience.
It incorporates a shield inseparably in its design and, as a result, it provides armour and counts as a shield for Defence abilities, such as Rejuvenate. The attack range of the yew shieldbow is 8 spaces.
|75 XP||-||2 (1.2s) ||986|
| Fletching level||70|
|Yew shieldbow (u)||1||214||214|
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 6 July 2015 (Update):
- Willow and yew shieldbow strings now stay attached to the bow when fired.
- patch 17 February 2014 (Update):
- The yew bow is no longer listed as a members item in the Ranged Skill Advance Guide.
- ninja 7 January 2014 (Update):
- Yew bows are now non-member items.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- The game no longer thinks you're trying to light a fire if you try to use a yew longbow on any item in a bank.
- With the Evolution of Combat, the yew shieldbow and shortbow were both made into member's items, but this was reverted to free-to-play with the second player-owned ports update.
- With the release of Invention, yew shieldbows initially gave 23 Invention XP per disassembly.