|Release||27 May 2014 (Update)|
|Removal||31 May 2016 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||Your item will be destroyed permanently and it may not be reclaimable.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Increases all experience gained by 100%. No longer active.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Enlightenment is a legendary aura that boosts all base experience gained while the aura is active by 100%. The aura, along with the crystal amulet, was given to players with 12 consecutive months of membership as of 28 May 2014 and 26 May 2015, Gold Premier club members, and anyone subscribing using the Summer Special membership promotion.
If lost, it could be reclaimed for free from Xuan, north-west of Varrock Square or in Burthorpe.
After an update on 31 May 2016, the Enlightenment aura was replaced by the Illumination aura with the message, "You have been given an Illumination aura in exchange for your Enlightenment aura. It has been delivered to your bank."
Players who did not activate the aura, may still have the original Enlightenment aura in their bank.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Boosts that stack with the aura:
- Experience-boosting sets
- Clan avatar bonuses
- Portable skilling stations
- Player-owned house altars
- Summer Beach Party cocktails
- Voice of Seren
Boosts that do not stack with the aura:
- Bonus XP
- Experience lamps
- Distractions and Diversions rewards
- The Ectofuntus
- Brawling gloves
- Advanced pulse cores
The aura's effect lasts for 1 hour, and it can only be used once a week, resetting at 00:00 UTC on Wednesdays (regardless of logging out). Logging out while the effect is active will not stop its counter. The aura can only be activated during the northern summer months - June, July and August. Vis wax will not reset or extend this aura.
It can be taken into Daemonheim, but the reward tokens will not be doubled, only the experience.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 May 2015 (Update):
- The Enlightenment aura's duration has been reduced to one hour per week, in order to reduce impact on the game's economy while still offering an excellent training boost.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On 18 May 2015 the duration of the aura was reduced from two hours to only one hour.
- Ironman accounts can activate the aura, but do not receive the experience bonus.