|Release||27 June 2016 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||750,000 coins|
|Low alch||500,000 coins|
|An intricate bow of pure crystal.|
|Exchange||870,467,352 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Seren godbow is a degradeable, augmentable tier 92 two-handed bow. It is created by using an orb of pure, volcanic, and corrupted anima with a Dormant Seren godbow, requiring level 92 Crafting. All of these items can be obtained by defeating Telos.
The Seren godbow has only slightly higher accuracy and damage than the combination of the noxious longbow and araxyte arrows. In addition, as a chargebow, it provides its own ammo, like the zaryte bow and decimation. The bow can benefit from the effects of bane arrows and black stone arrows, but it would be capped to bane arrows' tier 60 damage if using those. The bow cannot be used for Barbarian Firemaking.
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Dormant Seren godbow||1||11,731,285||11,731,285|
|Orb of pure anima||1||N/A||-|
|Orb of volcanic anima||1||N/A||-|
|Orb of corrupted anima||1||N/A||-|
Special attack[edit | edit source]
Seren godbow has a special attack called Crystal Rain which costs 30% adrenaline and has a 30 second cooldown. Five arrows are launched into the air with the first arrow always landing and dealing damage one tick before the remaining arrows. If the first arrow splashes, then all five arrows will splash. The first arrow always has an opportunity to land; the others may not have this opportunity as they need to land on a game square occupied by the target.
|Arrow||Ability Damage Range|
Using the special attack against an NPC which takes up a lot of game squares will increase the likelihood that multiple arrows will hit, potentially dealing extremely high damage. The determination of the number of hits a monster receives is described as follows. First, if the special attack hits, the first arrow will always hit. Then, the remaining four arrows will be determined. The center of an NPC is chosen and the radius is calculated as the floor of half of the NPC size. A square within the radius from the center of the NPC is chosen as the center of the special attack. A 5x5 area centered at that square is where the remaining four arrows will be chosen. A random square is chosen from this area, and then random squares chosen, without duplicates, until there are four arrows, or when it fails to find a non-duplicate ten times. The number of squares chosen that also lie on the NPC squares are the number of arrows that hit. Targets that block the player from running through the game squares occupied by the target (such as Araxxi or Astellarn) always have the center of the monster as the center of the special attack. To add, there are targets such as Telos, the Warden on phase 5 and The Sanctum Guardian that are not classified as an NPC that blocks the player; instead, it is the environment (for these NPCs) that prevents the player from accessing the game squares occupied by the NPCs.
The probability of a certain number of arrows hitting given the monster size is shown in the table below.
|NPC Size in squares|
|Arrows that land||1x1||2x2||3x3||4x4||5x5||6x6||7x7||8x8||9x9||10x10||11x11|
|Expected number of arrows||1.16||1.64||2.44||2.64||3.31||3.20||3.75||3.56||4.0||3.80||4.17|
|NPC Size in squares|
|Arrows that land||1x1||2x2||3x3||4x4||5x5+|
|Expected number of arrows||1.16||1.64||2.44||3.56||5.0|
The expected number of arrows are the average amount of arrows that land on a target of a specific size if repated many times.
Example[edit | edit source]
Consider a 5x5 (size 5) NPC that is non-blocking. Finding the average damage done by the Seren godbow special attack can be done as follows. Note that the following assumptions will be made for this example:
- No perks are used
- Player is at base stats
- No prayers/curses are used
- No other critical hit boosting gear (such as Erethdor's grimoire) are used
- Damage caps are ignored
To find the average damage done on a 5x5 in this example, the individual probabilities for the chance of each arrow to land are needed.
- is the probability of arrows landing
- is the average damage associated with arrows landing (in this example, as each arrow's damage is assumed to be uniform throughout their respective range, the average of the ability damage range is used for each arrow).
Interaction with the Ammunition slot[edit | edit source]
Furthermore, the ammuntion slot is ignored for arrows 2 to 5. This means that if black stone arrows, dragonbane arrows, etc. are used, only the first arrow applies the effect from the ammunition slot and the damage and effect from arrows 2 to 5 are equivalent to having nothing in the ammuntion slot.
Repair[edit | edit source]
The base repair cost of the Seren godbow when completely degraded to 0.0% item charge is 4,800,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
If it is only partially degraded, then the cost of a full repair is multiplied by the percentage of item charge that needs to be repaired to produce the current repair cost.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|4800000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
|2 × Cywir components||Always|
Comparison with other Ranged weapons[edit | edit source]
|Eldritch crossbow||92||1,173,464,683||2577 (92)||
|Seren godbow||92||870,467,352||2577 (92)||
|Noxious longbow||90||162,825,735||2458 (90)||
|Upgraded bone blowpipe||87||29,618,738||2458 (90)||
|Wyvern crossbow||85||24,191,474||2178 (85)||
|Hexhunter bow||80||169,376,270||1924 (80)|
|Attuned crystal bow||80
|1 Attuned crystal weapon seed
2,000 Harmonic dust
|Zaryte bow||80||10,182,655||1924 (80)||
River of Blood
|Free after River of Blood quest, 600,000 to reclaim||1829 (78)|
|Blightbound crossbow and off-hand||92||480,508,771 (main hand)
|Ascension crossbow and off-hand||90||127,112,297 (main hand)
|Superior Morrigan's throwing axe||88||10,718,164 (main hand)||2343 (88)|
|Superior Morrigan's javelin||88||10,749,664 (main hand)||2343 (88)|
|Elite Death Lotus dart and off-hand||88
|25 Death Lotus dart
25 Off-hand Death Lotus dart
2 Death lotus extract
|Shadow glaive and off-hand||85||13,167,165 (main hand)
|Death Lotus dart and off-hand||85
|2 Ancient bones
50 Ascension shards
|Attuned crystal chakram and off-hand||80
|2 Attuned crystal weapon seeds
2,000 Harmonic dust
|Chaotic crossbow and off-hand||80
| 200,000 (main hand)
|Armadyl crossbow and off-hand||75||6,289,918 (main hand)
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 23 April 2019 (Update):
- Chargebows will now only consume equipped arrows that have an effect, such as bane, broad and blackstone.
- patch 4 March 2019 (Update):
- Chargebows now take into account arrows equipped or held in an equipped quiver, so special effects like those of dragonbane and black stone arrows can be used with them. Damage will be reduced to the lowest tier of the arrow or chargebow. Chargebows will work as usual when no arrows or another type of ammunition is held in the ammo slot.
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- Seren Godbow special attack changes:
- Fixed an issue with some of the damage calculations.
- The special attack now ensures damage bonuses are applied correctly, for example Death's Swiftness.
- Seren Godbow special attack changes:
- patch 21 May 2018 (Update):
- patch 3 April 2018 (Update):
- patch 22 January 2018 (Update):
- The used versions of a Zaros Godsword, Staff of Sliske and Seren Godbow can no longer be traded.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There was a bug where the godbow's special attack would hit other players outside of the Wilderness when in a friendly duel. This was quickly hotfixed after it was discovered.
- The special attack may hit less often on larger, even sized NPCs compared to the odd sized NPCs. This results from the convention of setting the boss's center as the southwest corner of the center in even sized NPCs.
|Dyed noxious longbow|
|Dyed Seren godbow|
|Recoloured dark bow|