|Release||1 October 2012 (Update)|
|Destroy||Sizzling Summer: You will not be refunded a fate token if you destroy this. If you have remaining tokens you can obtain more from the fate cards.|
Balthazar's Big Raffle: You will not be refunded a raffle ticket if you destroy this.
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A dart that kills almost anything. Does not work in PvP.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The deathtouched dart is an item that will kill almost any monster in the game with one hit. One can be purchased on scheduled days from the Travelling Merchant's Shop for 5,000,000 coins. When a dart is used, it does not give combat experience; however, Slayer experience will still be gained if used to kill an appropriate Slayer target.
If a dart is used to kill a boss, the kill will not count in the Beasts tab (and thus not count for a Soul Reaper assignment), nor can it be used for a fast time on the boss. There is a 15 minute penalty in which any bosses killed during this time will not have their kills and fastest kill speed recorded. Players are informed of this in the message box when the penalty is applied and lifted.
It could previously be obtained during:
- The 2012 Sizzling Summer by players that had picked the Instakill Dart option from the fate cards, for having membership throughout August and September. A maximum of four darts could be obtained from the fate cards.
- The 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019 Balthazar's Big Raffle events. A set of three darts could be won by entering the raffles on Wednesdays (2019), Thursdays (2014), or Fridays (2015, 2017, 2018).
- The 2016 Summer Sweepstake
- The 2018 and 2019 Parcels from the Hedge events. One dart was given with a lost property (bulky) and a set of three darts were given with a lost property (weighty).
- The 2018 Hallowe'en event from a corrupted energy (huge)
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Limits[edit | edit source]
Works on[edit | edit source]
- Most quest bosses outside and inside the Dominion Tower (see here for the quest bosses where it does not work)
- In Nomad's Elegy, kills only one phase of Nomad
- Most non-quest and minigame bosses, including:
- Corporeal Beast
- Araxxor (first dart kills all 3 Araxxor phases, second dart kills Araxxi)
- Har-Aken (must be used on the head and not on the tentacles for a successful kill)
- All God Wars Dungeon bosses, including normal mode Nex
- All Heart of Gielinor bosses
- Queen Black Dragon (one dart will kill all stages. Using a dart will unlock the Long Live the Queen achievement and allow the player to gain 5 kudos, by talking to Mr. Mordaut about Kerapac's journal)
- Kalphite Queen (kills only one form)
- Kalphite King
- WildyWyrm (ignores the Slayer requirement and can be used by Ironman accounts)
- Chaos elemental
- Telos, the Warden (clears one phase only. Can be used to complete the trimmed completionist cape requirement when defeating Telos at 100% enrage. Will not work at 500%, 2,000% or 4,000% enrage for the respective green, silver, or golden versions of the Warden title)
- The Magister (including the pillars)
- The Sanctum Guardian
- Masuta the Ascended
- Verak Lith
- Black stone dragon
- The Ambassador
- Crassian Leviathan
- Taraket the Necromancer
- Memory of Nomad (clears one phase only. Using a dart will allow the cyan soul cape (and the ravensworn cape) to be obtained. Can also be used to complete the trimmed completionist cape requirement of defeating him once and looting the reward chest)
Does not work on[edit | edit source]
- Other players
- Anything inside Daemonheim
- Blood nihil (if used on them, they recover and heal their allies)
- Morvran's slayer challenge (bosses killed with a deathtouched dart do not drop the dark crystals needed for the assignment)
- Liberation of Mazcab:
- Nex: Angel of Death
- Vorago (The dart cannot be taken into the instance)
- Solak, the Grove Guardian
- Seiryu the Azure Serpent (except for the black crystals)
- Mega Duck
- Does not work on these quest bosses:
- Fern in The Death of Chivalry
- Dawn in The Death of Chivalry
- Sliske in Sliske's Endgame (although it will work on the bosses before him)
- General Graardor in The Mighty Fall
- The Dark Lord in Plague's End
- Lucien in Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Captain Rabid Jack in Pieces of Hate
- Chaos Hreidmar and Chaos Grimsson in Birthright of the Dwarves
- Dagannoth Mother in Blood Runs Deep, unless she is in her vulnerable to ranged stage
- TokHaar-Hok in The Brink of Extinction, when inside of lava flow
- Lord Drakan in The Lord of Vampyrium
- Fire Warrior of Lesarkus (it interrupts combat, unless you use ice arrows)
Tips for effective use[edit | edit source]
- If used with Soul Split, the player receives the full healing effects, completely healing them, depending on what they killed. This doesn't work with all the monsters.
- If using just for obtaining potential profit, it is recommended to use the darts on either Nex, Kalphite King, or the Ambassador. They can also be used to save a streak at Telos.
- Players must be careful when using the dart on Vanstrom if the bloodveld leechers are around to heal him.
- When used on Nex, make sure to use Anticipation or Freedom before she becomes attackable - she can possibly drag the player in with her magic attacks during the smoke phase, which nullifies all incoming damage from that player temporarily, including the dart itself.
- Darts can also be useful for Hardcore Ironmen when attempting to kill bosses that you cannot teleport from, such as Araxxor or Telos.
Sources[edit | edit source]
|Corrupted energy (huge)||N/A||2||Always||N/A|
|Lost property (bulky)||N/A||1||Always||N/A|
|Lost property (weighty)||N/A||3||Always||N/A|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
Travelling Merchant's Shop[edit | edit source]
|Date||Slot A||Slot B||Slot C|
|26 April 2021||Barrel of bait||Goebie burial charm||Deathtouched dart|
|22 May 2021||Livid plant||Barrel of bait||Deathtouched dart|
|28 May 2021||Anima crystal||Silverhawk down||Deathtouched dart|
|29 June 2021||Barrel of bait||Anima crystal||Deathtouched dart|
|10 July 2021||Gift for the Reaper||Livid plant||Deathtouched dart|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 November 2016 (Update):
- patch 22 November 2012 (Update):
- Deathtouched Darts now work as intended. Players can also no longer fire one at an NPC that has been "tagged" by another player.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Deathtouched darts cannot be alchemised, disassembled, or fed to a baby troll.
- The instakill hitsplat can also appear on the player when certain special attacks are used by Vorago, Yakamaru, Telos, Nex: Angel of Death, and Solak.
- The sheathed and unsheathed stance for the dart is nearly the same. This also applies to certain items, such as the hand cannon.
- Deathtouched darts at one point did not kill Nex instantly. This bug lead to a lot of people dying and causing a grave glitch where you had to cast Telekinetic Grab to pick up your items from your grave.
- The dart previously worked against Vorago, killing one phase per dart. In the final phase, it would only work if thrown by the player with the maul of omens, but doing so in hard mode would not unlock "the Defeater" title.
- The drops obtained from kills with a dart do count for boss collection logs, so it is theoretically possible to get a boss title with 0 kill count on the boss.
- Bosses killed by Deathtouched dart will not count for the Reaper Crew achievement.
- Deathtouched darts could not be used against a Training dummy at the Combat Academy (attempting to do so prevented you from using it and displayed the error message: "You cannot use the Deathtouched dart on a training dummy.")
References[edit | edit source]
Main hand thrown weapons
|Membership thanks gifts|