Dark bow (blue)
|Release||29 March 2010 (Update)|
|High alch||72,001 coins|
|Low alch||48,000 coins|
|A bow from a darker dimension, painted blue from the yolk of a Penance egg.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The blue dark bow is the second most powerful shieldbow in the game, behind the Strykebow and requires level 70 Ranged and 70 Defence to use. While it shoots at little over 7 seconds between attacks (double the time in between attacks (3.6 seconds) compared to other shieldbows), it shoots two arrows with each shot resulting in the same amount of arrows shot over time as any other shieldbow.
It is obtainable by purchasing the blue penance egg paint from Commander Connad for 50 points in any role. Once purchased, players can recolour an unlimited number of dark bows and abyssal whips. The dark bow itself is a drop unique to dark beasts, which require level 90 Slayer to kill. When recoloured, the bow is untradeable, but can be reverted to its regular, tradeable state by using a cleaning cloth on it.
The dark bow is classified as a shieldbow, so wielding it allows the use of abilities requiring a shield.
It is not possible to use this bow for Barbarian Firemaking. Attempting to light a fire using a dark bow will prompt the following message: "The innate darkness of the bow sucks all heat from your firemaking attempt. You realise that this type of bow is useless for firelighting."
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|70 , 70|
|Armour||297.2||PvM: 7%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special attack[edit | edit source]
The dark bow has a special attack called Descent of Darkness which fires two shots for 148-338% ability damage each, or 296-676% total. The in-game description incorrectly states that using Dragon or Dark Arrows will increase the damage, but in-fact all arrows regardless of type will deal the same percentage of ability damage based on their tier. The special attack uses 65% adrenaline. Upon using it, no ammo is used.
When Dragon arrows are equipped, the special attack has the name Descent of Dragons.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||23.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the Evolution of Combat, this weapon had two special attacks, these were as follows:
- Descent of Darkness inflicted up to 30% more damage and did a minimum of 50 damage per arrow (25 on players).
- Descent of Dragons inflicted up to 50% more damage when using dragon arrows and does a minimum of 50 damage per arrow (80 on players).
- On 8 October 2013 with the release of elder bows, the dark bow's Ranged level requirement was increased from 60 to 70, and the damage and accuracy bonuses were also increased. This was done to preserve the dark bow's title of best shieldbow in the game.
- On 2 March 2015, a level 70 Defence requirement was added to the bow.
|Dyed noxious longbow|
|Dyed Seren godbow|
|Recoloured dark bow|
|Robin Hood hat|
|Staff of light|
|Full slayer helmet|
|Ring of stone|